J.B.B. - New Year's Eve

Summary: A game of two truths and a lie reveals to the team a fact about the you that Bucky can't seem to stop thinking about.

Pairing: Bucky Barnes x Avenger!Female Reader

Warnings: Minimal use of Y/N. Language 'cause why not. A lot of fluff. My poor attempts at being funny. Mutual pining, idiots in love.

Word Count: 3.2K

"Ok, your turn, Kill Bill. Two truths and a lie, go." Tony says, referring to the fact that you fight with swords, making you roll your eyes before you join in on the laughter.

"Ok, uhm..." you try not to look at anyone so you don't give away the answer "I have a teddy bear that I sleep with, I have bungee jumped from the top of the tower and I've never had a New Year's kiss."

You look back up to the room and wait for their guesses.

It's a Friday night and the people that remained in the Tower for the holidays decided to have a little game night.

Every year the same people stay around, having nowhere in particular to go, and spend Christmas together.

Clint and Scott usually spend this time with their families, this year Thor decided to go to New Asgard with Bruce and Loki to visit Val and Korg, and Peter decided to spend it with aunt May and Happy.

You usually alternate between going to visit your family and staying in the tower each year, and this one was your turn to go to your first home.

You came back the day after Christmas, never being one to miss Tony's New Year's Eve party that's gonna happen in two days now.

"Well, we know she has a teddy bear." Wanda says.

"Do we know that?" Tony turns to you, narrowing his eyes. "Do you have one?"

"Yes, she does, we've seen it" Natasha answers for you while you glance at Bucky, praying he doesn't put together that they're talking about the teddy bear he gifted you for Valentine's Day this year along with flowers.

Natasha and Wanda were more happy than you when you told them, sustaining that he did it because he liked you until you pointed out that he gave flowers to them too, because he's sweet and a gentleman and that's just who he is.

They wouldn't let up on the fact that neither of them got a teddy bear though, and you would have agreed with them but Bucky never really did anything else about it so you decided to let it go and not read too much into it.

You're brought back to the present by Tony.

"Ok, so she has one. Then it's gotta be the New Year's kiss, everyone has had one at least once in their life," he was looking at your reaction very closely while talking, but you did your best to keep an easy smile and not give anything away.

"Even Captain Virgin over there had one last year." he adds vaguely waving towards Steve's general direction.

You crack at the nickname and at the undignified sound Steve made while blushing and glancing at Nat that shared that kiss with him.

"Tony, there's no way that she bungee jumped from the roof without us knowing, that's gotta be the lie." Sam interjects, also watching you closely for any signs of a reaction that you manage not to give.

"Alright, just take your guesses, people." You say to the group.

"New Year's Kiss." Tony all but yelled, Natasha and Wanda agreeing with him.

"Bungee jump." Sam says and Steve and Bucky agree, then they all seem to hold their breath as they wait for your answer.

It's not a surprise that even these stupid little games cause a lot of competition amongst the team.