Chapter one.

{*•*•*•*}

{*•*•*•*}

Amaryllis Aimee Dumbledore, the brightest witch of her age.

     Or so, she's been told.

     Dressed to impress, she heads to the defence against the dark arts classroom, the subject of her father's teaching. One of the many subjects she had excelled at, the better question is, what didn't she excel in. She's taken more classes than any schedule would allow it. Graduating in all of the subjects the school provided.

Although, she had been told off by the headmaster about doing it and showing concern for her health when she had suggested it and was halfway through her first year with it. He dropped the subject when she showed that she could balance it and showed minimal signs of fatigue.

Even Professor Mcgonagall had told her off about it and showed her a lot of worry for her health. But when she understood that she wasn't gonna change her mind about it, she decided to help the girl instead of tell her off about it. Providing her with some excuses when her fellow students noticed odd things.

She had been the only student in school who didn't have a cat, a frog or an owl, it wasn't forbidden to have or animals, but those were the recommended ones. Not that she any magical creatures, her father had forbidden her to bring them into the castle.

Not that he was against her befriending them, more often then not, her fellow students didn't understand those creatures and rather didn't know how to treat them, chasing them around halls and teasing them with harmless magic spells that still stressed the poor creatures out.

She befriended a Raven, a creature that she had found in the dark forest when she was ten, the summer before she would start her first year in hogwarts, she would turn eleven around Christmas and no one made a fuzz when she was admitted in before he eleventh birthday.

People had taunted her for being a nerd when they learned she took every subject the school provided. She had just shrugged her shoulders at that and told them, 'What do you expect from a Ravenclaw?'

People had always questioned her when they saw her name, always wondered if she was a sister of Albus Dumbledore, a daughter or a niece. And every time she had to explain it to people.

     She's an almost twenty years old, a couple of travels already on her name. Most of them had been her father's tasks, something he had heard within his elite group of friends that he wanted her to investigate.

     But almost twenty years prior, her father had found a small basket on the side of a snowy road. In the village that he and his brother had taken residence in. It had been been around Christmas 1906 that they had found her in that small basket, wrapped in a pink blanket out in the dark to freeze to death.