The Mushroom Trial

Kaito exited the shower, changing into his new set of Master Dojo clothing before leaving the bathroom with his belongings.

At the same time as he opened his door, the door to the bathroom over opened too.

Both Klara and Kaito noticed eachother's presence, staring at eachother in an uncomfortable silence. Klara too had changed into her Dojo Uniform, and it suited her rather well. She couldn't help but notice his frame in the outfit though, of course he was tall - taller than her, but he was rather well built too...

"So, you gonna keep staring or...?" Mused Kaito, breaking the silence and scratching the back of his head.

"I-I wasn't staring?!" Argued Klara, crossing her arms and huffing at him.

She knew she was staring though, more than she would've ever admitted. Giving him a side eye though, she couldn't help notice that the middle portion of his jacket had loosened, slightly exposing his bare chest.

'Why the hell isn't he wearing a shirt?!' She internally screamed. However before she could spare a breath to yell at him, she grimaced, noticing a wide gash across his chest.

Her eyes widened in astonishment, meeting his gaze with her own.

"What... what's that on your chest?" Klara hesitantly inquired.

Kaito's own eyes widened too, hovering his hand over his chest, gently outlining his scar with his fingers.

"You weren't supposed to see that..." He sighed.

"Then why aren't you wearing your shirt you pervert?!" Klara justifiably argued.

The red-head just chuckled before fixing his jacket, covering up the exposed wound.

"It was too hot alright..." Kaito calmly argued back, leaning against the hallway wall with his arms crossed. "Anyways, I got this from... from a Haxorus at the beginning of my adventure... I got too cocky in the Wild Area and tried to catch something stronger than I could handle."

Klara didn't know what to say in response. She knew he held some high and mighty arrogance when it came to pokemon battles, and would've loved to have him be taught a lesson. But with that exact lesson being shown to her directly, she hesitated to admit it's what she would've wished on anyone.

For once, she couldn't match his gaze with a glare anymore. Her eyes only expressed sympathy, unable to think of anything to say.

Noticing her out of character silence, and weak expression, Kaito reached out and placed a hand on her head - garnering a hot blush on Klara's face.

"You don't need to worry about it Klara, kay? It was a long time ago, I'm fine now." He smiled sincerely.

She met his eyes once again, feeling her face heat up even more. The poison type trainer let out a "hmph" before swatting away his hand.

"Don't just assume that I care newbie." She scoffed, turning away from him. "Just come downstairs, the food should be done by now."

"Yeah yeah..." Sighed Kaito, quietly chuckling to himself as he followed her to the dojo's kitchen...

-=============================-

The pair arrived in the kitchen, a large table complete with every member of the dojo family present, and food spread before each seat.

"Lovely, you two could join us!" Welcomed Honey from one end of the table.

The only two remaining seats were beside the opposite end, next to Mustard. Either way it seemed Kaito and Klara would be seated next to eachother.