Break into Borg Tower

After a while, we decided that we would give the citizens of Ninjago some hope. And for some reason, everyone voted for me to go on camera. "People barely paid attention to me before. What makes you think they'll pay attention now?" I said.

"I'm sure they did pay attention," Mom said.

I shook my head. "No, it was the Emperor, Empress, and Harumi who got the attention. Everyone ignored me."

"But they won't now," Lloyd said firmly. "You're the only royal left. They'll see you and realize that you're fighting to protect them. Which will also help when you become Empress."

I narrowed my eyes. "And what if I don't?"

"If you don't, I'll just force you to go."

I groaned. "Fine. I'll do it."

"Good. Now let's go."

We headed to Borg Tower. The Master of Mind got rid of the guards and then we somehow managed to sneak all the way into the TV room. Skylor got everything up and motioned for me to start talking. However, I froze. Dang it! This is now a good time to realize I have stage fright. I inhaled deeply and let it out slowly. "Hello, everyone," I said. "It's me, Princess Y/n Jade. I know all of you are scared of the Sons of Garmadon. I am too. But if we work together we can get through this. Harumi might have been a princess but now she isn't.

"She's trying to destroy Ninjago and the only way to stop that is if we fight back. All of us. I'm working with Lloyd and Nya to defeat her. But I know you all are losing hope. So just know, the Ninja and I will always keep you all safe. So stay strong and be brave because before long, this will be over." I had no idea how I was able to say my speech and ignore the pounding on the door. But now that I was finished I was painfully aware of it.

I looked at the others. Skylor did something real quick on the computer and we all jumped out the window. When we were in the trucks and heading back to the warehouse I let out a sigh of relief. "If any of you make me do that again, I will personally kill you," I grumbled.

"Hey, don't blame us. You could have said you had stage fright," Lloyd said.

I elbowed him. "I didn't know I had it! I never had to make speeches or perform in front of people."

"Well, it doesn't matter anymore," Skylar said. "It's over. You gave the people what they needed."

I looked out the window. "I hope I did."

"You did," Nya said firmly. "Even I was pretty convinced."

I snorted. "Now you're just trying to make me feel better."

"Is it working?"

I smiled. "A little."

"She's smiling so it worked more than a little," Lloyd observed.

I sighed. "Did anyone ever tell you that you're the worst brother ever?"

"No, but that's mostly because you are my only sister."

I groaned. "I've got to find someone else to be taken into this family. That way you can annoy them."

Lloyd looked away. "I don't want any more siblings," he mumbled.

I frowned and opened my mouth to say something but shut it when I saw we were back. I got out and stretched. Then went inside where I was bombarded by my parents. "You did great!" Mom said.

I squirmed. "Okay, okay. I suppose I did alright."

"You did better than that," Dad said sternly. "You made everyone have hope."

"We don't even know that," I grumbled.

"Then why did a couple of kids start throwing newspapers at one of the Sons of Garmadon?"

I blinked. "What?"

"Yeah, the kids did that an hour after your speech," Mom said.

Lloyd grinned. "Perfect."

"I don't want kids to get hurt," I growled.

"They won't hurt kids. Harumi's not that cruel," he said reassuringly.

I shut my eyes for a minute then opened them. "Okay. I need a minute." I walked away. I missed Cole. But I suppose the best I can hope for is he's alive. I went and sat with everyone else and began to eat.