Prelude

Chapter 1

It all started with a bet. Although it was a drunken bet, a bet was a bet. And she wouldn't back down from anything. This was her time for fooling around. Her time for partying hard, and her phase of making stupid bets. She didn't think of it as a time for mistakes. How could living ever be considered a mistake?

Jimin sat back down grinning after agreeing to the bet, proposed by her best friend and partner in crime Ning. As far as the blonde was concerned that wager would be a piece of cake. Was she overconfident? Maybe. However, Jimin was known to get what she wanted. She kept the glass of whiskey close to her mouth but didn't drink from it, contemplating her actions when Ning spoke up again.

"So, how are you going to do it, Yu? I'm not letting you off the hook this time. We need to agree on who and how long you'll have for them to fall in love with you." Yup, Yu Jimin, a young aspiring artist by day and party animal and heartbreaker by night, just accepted this challenge; to make anyone fall in love with her. "Well, how about you choose the time and I decide on the person?"

"Naaah... you're not playing me that easily tiger." Ning lifted her glass off the table in the darkly lit corner of the bar. "I decide on the person and we can compromise on the time."

Jimin squinted her eyes and pursed her lips considering Ning's words. "I get no say in who at all?"

"Nope. Where would the fun be in that?"

The blonde nodded, lifted her hand to clink her glass to Ning's, and downed the amber liquid in one gulp. "I'm in."

It all started with a bet. Although it was only an office bet, a bet was a bet. And she wouldn't back down from anything. This was her time to be brilliant. Her time for writing interesting pieces and creating pieces of importance. She didn't believe being young meant having nothing to contribute. How could age ever be considered a limit?

Minjeong stared out of the small window of the office she shared with her friend and co-author Yunjin. She thought about how to get this story to work. Was she overachieving? Maybe. However, Minjeong was known for writing pertinent and daring articles. She tapped her pen lightly against her mouth and bit her lower lip, contemplating the possibilities when Yunjin spoke.

"So, how are you going to do that Kim? I don't believe you have it in you to pull this one off. You've only got 10 days to find someone, get them interested in you, and then lose that person after the 10 days have passed. We need to find you that someone."

Yup, Kim Minjeong, a young aspiring journalist during the day and introverted documentary lover at night, just agreed with her editor Im Nayeon to write an article on how to lose a partner in 10 days.

"I really don't think it's going to be that big of a deal Yunjin. Take me to one of your playgrounds and I'll pick someone up."

"Minjeong, why did you let yourself be pressured into writing bullshit like this. Nayeon knows you're a sensitive soul who can't hurt people. Damn, you're still friends with Ryujin after she broke your heart and your bank account because you can't let her go."

"What has this got to do with my career? I need to write this article so Nayeon will shut up and give me more important subjects. I'm still the youngest chick in this coop. I need to gain respect from her."

"She bullied you into this!"

Minjeong squinted her eyes and pursed her lips considering Yunjin's words. "Let's go out!"

"Ok. But let me pick the poor soul who gets their heart broken!"

The brunette nodded and lifted her hand to shake Yunjin's to finalize their plan. "I'm in."