𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫 | Losing the Poker Face

A few days had passed since the disastrous mission and the first years were almost back to full health. Besides the remaining cuts and soreness, they were ready to get back to action. Itadori was practically hanging off Gojo's shoulder, begging him to give them new things do to.

"Not yet," Gojo insisted, "Take one more day of rest. Shoko's orders."

"Oh come on," Kugisaki whined.

Y/N continued sulking around the classroom.

Megumi stared out the window, only looking over when Gojo sighed at the sight of all his kids pouting.

"I'll make you a trade-" he started.

"We're listening, Gojo." Nobara and Yuji sat as close as they could to him, imitating businessmen who were about to rip his sales pitch to shreds.

"You can do whatever you want today, with two conditions."

They were all staring at him now, eager to hear the conditions.

"One, no physical strain. Walking only. Two, no using cursed energy."

"You, mister Gojo," Kugisaki did her best impression of a businessman's deep, authoritative voice, "have got yourself a deal. However, we have one condition of our own."

Itadori snickered. Clearly the two of them had been scheming while Gojo was speaking.

"You take us into the city."

"When did my students become professional negotiators?" Gojo shook his head and chuckled, "You have a deal."

The two business partners jumped up and down, arguing over where to go first.

"Will either of you be joining?" Gojo turned to where Y/N had pulled out a regular card deck next to the daydreaming Megumi.

"I'll pass, but thanks for the offer!"

"What she said."

"Suit yourselves. Megumi, I'll call you if we get take out to bring back." Gojo stuck his hands in his pockets and followed Kugisaki and Itadori out the door as they continued bickering over what store to go to first.

"Fushiguro, do you have any plans for the day?"

"Not really. Maybe I'll go outside."

"Would you like to play a card game with me?"

I can't believe I just asked that. He's gonna say no. Oh my gosh he's gonna say-

"Sure," he turned to face her, "We can play on the table in the garden."

Holy shit!

"L/N? You okay?"

Y/N wiped the shock off her face quickly, hoping he just thought she spaced out.

"Haha yea, lets go!" She stood up and walked towards the door, hiding her giant smile from the boy following her.

"So how did you end up constantly carrying a deck of cards with you?" Fushiguro's aloof demeanor dissipated as they fell in step together.

"It started at home, I think. I had a lot of time to myself and I had to be quiet, so I would play card games by myself. Sometimes when I got bored I would shuffle them and sort them over and over again."

Megumi raised his eyebrows, unsure of what confused him more: Y/N having to be quiet as a child or the fact that she entertained herself by organizing and messing up cards.

This girl always leaves me with more questions than answers.

He listened intently as Y/N kept explaining how cards helped her make friends at school, even during her shy phase. Teaching her classmates how to play different games gave her a chance to talk to new people without feeling anxious.