Can we talk

Jett and I went down to the lobby to have some privacy while talking. We sat in the surprisingly comfy chairs and we stayed silent for a few minutes neither one of us wanting to start. I shifted in my seat and looked down at my hands. Jett noticed and took my hands in his making me look up into his eyes.

"Alyssa I'm so sorry for what happened" he said. I stayed silent a little longer "please say something" he added

"I don't know what to say. I have so many questions but I don't know what to ask at the same time." I said tears threatening to spill from my eyes.

"What do you want to know" he said brushing a strand of hair out of my face.

"Are you with Cecilia" I said looking him dead in the face.

"No Alyssa. She means nothing to me" he said reaching for my hands again but I pulled away.

"Then why was she at the track today and why did she call YOU he boyfriend" I said now getting more emotional.

"In all honesty I don't know why she called me her boyfriend still-"

"Still" I questioned as I cut him off

"We dated for a little bit then I broke it off because I caught her flirting with some of the other racers. I Found out she was dating me and a Spanish gp racer at the same time. I want nothing to do with her but her brother is another rider so she's always around " He said looking hurt

" I'm sorry Jett" I said I placed a hand on his knee and he looked at me. "I love you and I hate seeing us like this" I said honestly to him

"I love you Alyssa" he said as he pulled me into a tight hug.

Jett and I stayed up a little longer just talking to each other until I got a phone call.

"I'm sorry Jett I have to take this" I said as I walked away. My mother was calling me. I haven't spoken to her since my father and my brother were in a car accident and died. I didn't want to answer because Anytime she calls she always wants something, but every time I do because it could be important.

"Hey mom" I said as I stepped outside.

"Hey what are you doing" she asked really quickly.

"Why" I asked her. She didn't need to know where I was.

"I wanted to stop by" she said it sounded believable.

" I'm sorry mom I'm not home" I told her honestly.

"Oh... I guess I will ask you my question now then" she said.

"What's up" I asked her wanting to know what was so important.

"Do you have some money I could borrow until next month when I get my check. I promise I'll pay it back" she was begging. She can't be serious.

" how much" i questioned

"Its not a lot" was all she said.

"HOW MUCH MOM" I snapped

"3,000" she said quietly but quick

" are you kidding me mom" I was pissed

" I borrowed from someone and I need to pay them back. If you love me you will help me" she was trying to guilt me.

" so you want to borrow from me so you can pay back someone you borrowed from. Is that how you are going to pay me back" I said while laughing.

" no hunny I'll get my check please help your mother out" she was still begging

" what makes you think I have that kind of money just lying around." I questioned

" you probably don't but your boyfriend does." She said. Her tone of voice changed completely. Almost demanding. Almost like she believed she was going to convince me.

" how do you know about him" I asked her.

" oh please like I don't have an instagram. I see you two all over. Plus I got a nice visit from a young girl who was begging me to convince you to leave him. What was her name again..." she started.

"Cecilia" I said it was my turn to quiet down.

" so are you going to get me that money" she had the audacity to ask.

" I'm not stealing from my boyfriend to help you mom. I can't do that." I said to her. I could feel myself getting anxious.

" you good for nothing whore. You can't help your mother. What kind of daughter are you. You deserve nothing. You are nothing. One day when Jett leaves you, and trust me he will don't come back to me. You mean nothing to me. I wish it was you in that car with your father and not your brother—." I couldn't take it anymore I hung up the phone and let the tears flow from my eyes.  I ran back inside and up to my room I passed Jett in the lobby and he looked confused and started following me.

" Alyssa what happened" he asked genuinely concerned.

" I don't want to talk about it" I said opening my door, walking into my room, and closing the door without saying another word. I accidentally woke Sara up and I told her everything. She knew all about my mother and how she acted. She has been begging me for years to cut her out of my life. But somehow she just knows how to reel me back in. Before I fell asleep I heard her phone go off and she picked it up.

"Yeah she's ok"
"Tell him she's fine, she just needs to sleep"
"He doesn't need to worry it's not about him"
"It's not my story to tell, she will tell him if she wants to"
"Goodnight hunter"

I drifted off to sleep at the end of the conversation while sara played with my hair. I was exhausted from crying all day I couldn't even stay awake if I wanted to.

The next morning was race day and I stayed in bed while sara got ready. She was done and I heard a knock at the door. I walked over to answer it.  There stood a smiling Jett. I tried to force a smile and he could tell. He pulled me into a tight hug and started to rub my back. I pushed him off which not only surprised him but it surprised me.

"I'm fine" I said as I wrapped my arms around myself.

" are you guys ready" I heard hunters excited voice. He should be excited it's his first race on a 450. " is that what you're wearing" he said pointing at my pajamas.

" no you guys go without me I'll meet you there" I said trying to rush them out so they wouldn't be late.

"Are you sure" Sara asked

"Yeah I'll be right behind you guys" I said smiling now. Everyone started leaving and Jett walked over to me.

"Are you sure you're ok? you don't want me to stay?" He said grabbing my hands.

"Yeah I'm ok Jett. You better go you are going to be late" I said hugging him.

"You promise" he asked sticking out his pinky

" I promise" I said wrapping my pinky around his.

" I love you" he said as he gave me a kiss goodbye

"I love you" I said watching him walk away. I loved this man with all of my heart. I got ready quickly and got an Uber to the stadium just in time for opening ceremonies. This was Jett's debut in the premier class. I walked over to the track to watch the first 250 heat and Sara met up with me. You could feel the energy in the crowd. Everyone was excited for A1.

(Word count 1290)

I'm going to go into more detail about Anaheim 1 in the next chapter. Sorry it takes so long to write chapters I'm a new mom and I'm trying my best to get them out as quickly as possible.