Part 1

₊˚⊹꒷Before the storm₊˚✧

☆.𓋼𓍊 𓆏 𓍊𓋼𓍊.☆

𓏲 ๋࣭  ࣪ ˖Johnnie and Jake hurried around the room, tossing clothes and other products into their overnight bags.

    "We gotta leave early if we wanna beat the traffic," Johnnie said, zipping up his bag.

    "Yeah, yeah," Jake muttered, his brow furrowed.

    "You okay, man?" Johnnie asked, eyebrows raised.

    "Yeah, fine," Jake grumbled, avoiding Johnnie's gaze.

    "Don't give me that, Jake. I know Tara's gonna be there. It's okay to feel some type of way about it," Johnnie said, placing a hand on Jake's shoulder.

    "It just sucks, you know?" Jake's voice cracked, and a heavy sigh escaped his lips.

    "Hey, it's gonna be fine. We'll stick together, and if she tries anything, I'll be ready to shut her down," Johnnie said, a comforting gleam in his eye. Jake managed a small, sad laugh.

"Thanks, man. I appreciate it."

    "Anytime, buddy. Now let's hit the road and have a great time, alright?"

    With a nod, Jake forced a smile and shouldered his bag, the weight of the impending encounter still heavy in his chest.₊˚⊹⋆

12:01 AM
⛧°。 ⋆༺♱༻⋆。 °⛧

It seemed like one, but one became too many to count. Johnnie didn't really care at this moment, getting drunk is like being in another place that you would call paradise. He often gets drunk at parties and he usually has to take care of himself later, but he didn't know this was different.

The lights blinked around him and the sounds of the people who existed were too much to handle. He felt a hand grabbing his arm and moving him away from the large and crowded crowd of people dancing. his eyes had dragged towards the one who dragged him away, and it was Scuff. He was talking on the phone with someone while he kept a good grip on Johnnie's arm, making sure he didn't let him go.

"Yes, this time it's bad. Could you? Thank you." Scuff spoke on the phone.

"scurff~, let me go, I can done it... stop on my own, I think." Johnnie slurred with an attitude towards his friend, trying to show that he was just as good without his help.

"Johnnie, you're so drunk that I can't understand anything you're saying. Man, you're gonna be sick as fuck after this." Scuff spoke with irritation and disappointment, he frowned, but Johnnie didn't care at the moment.

"Hah- +hiccup+ That's funny, a line, I am not. Scuff, would you still like it if I was a circle?"

"I know you're too drunk to understand or know what the hell you're trying to tell me, but you'll be home soon, my friend." Scuff laughed and ended up with a smile, holding onto johnnie as his feet wobbled unsteady.

Scuff stopped talking, so the distractions disappeared. People talked, laughed and had fun, while Johnnie was still drunk asf. But still he was too trapped into his own thoughts to continue the conversation. Johnnie was thinking, why doesn't anyone talk to him? They probably think that he's weird and that he doesn't have a social life, I mean no, but...nevermind.  Scuff probably wants to go talk to other people and party instead of being with him for goodness sake, but he didn't say a word. Because what if he gets upset and doesn't want to help him any further? Johnnie stayed there in silence thinking too much about everything that was happening in the room at the moment. He felt as if he had never had any control over his mind, even when he was sober, it was often worse when he was sober.