16~ Lies.

Marcus lays inside the empty tub, as Scarlett leaned against the bathtub, cleaning his bruised knuckles. She threw the dirty white towel across the room as she finished, his face and body now cleaned up. She stood up from the floor, still reeking of copper. As she was walking away, Marcus grabbed her wrist, causing her to turn around.

"Where are you going?" his eyes are half-lidded.

"I'm gonna go get you a change of clothes, so you can shower." He smiles at her and lets go, and she comes back with a new set of clothes from his suitcase. She places them on top of the sink and walks back to the door. She places her hand on the doorknob, turning her head to the side. "I'm gonna be out for a bit. Just shower, and lay in one of the beds, I'll be back soon."

She closes the door behind her, as the shower water starts spraying against the porcelain tub. She feels the click of the lock and she walks over to one of the two pull-out beds in the room, where Billy is currently lying in. She sits beside the sleeping boy, and lifts his shirt slightly, trying not to wake him. She checks his bandages making sure he's all good before she stands back up, grabbing her jacket from the floor.

Willie sits up from his futon as Scarlett begins walking to the room door. "Scar, where you going?"

She puts her hand in her pocket sleeves, not even bothering to look up. "Personal thing." Scarlett sighs as she can't feel her keycard in her jacket pocket.

"Personal thing?" Willie questions.

Scarlett scratches her head. "Yeah, for work." Maria and Willie look up at her, suspicious. Scarlett looks over at Saya, who is currently lying beside Maria, eating one of the snack bags they brought back. "Saya, my keycard."

Saya just responds. "It's in my jacket." She nods her head over to her jacket at the end of the bed she's lying on.

Scarlett goes and grabs the black keycard. "Saya, come with me."

Saya looks up, confused. "Why?"

"Because-" Scarlett looks down at the floor, her eyes glancing over at the bathroom door. Saya understands and grabs her own jacket and boots, putting them on quickly.

Scarlett grabs her normal keycard that still sat on the entry table, and the pair walk out, without uttering another word to the group.

Willie and Maria look at one another, confused and a little suspicious of the girls' actions.

•••

They make it to the second highest floor of the casino, only accessible with any of the three black keycards. It opens up directly to Scarlett's room, and Saya takes in the sheer beauty of the suite. The room was monochrome black, and an entire wall was a window, allowing for the bright Vegas strip lights to illuminate the room. Nora's shoes clinked against the polished floor as she heard the elevator ding.

"Scarlett, sugar, you're here, finally." She walks out of the walk-in closet, towards the entrance of the room. "I thought for a second I was gonna have to come fetch you myself." She pauses when she sees Saya beside Scarlett. "I thought Marcus was gonna be here."

"Yeah, well he's too high on acid to function." She removes her jacket and places it on the rack. "Plus, Saya has a better understanding of how important this is."

Nora laughs, "Alrighty." She walks up to Saya, gently grabbing the ends of her hair. "I'm sure I can put something together for you."

Scarlett makes it to the bed, where she sees her outfit laid out for her. It was a short black tube dress that ended right above her thigh. The dress came with a tight long sleeve bolero, with a turtleneck neckline. It was also paired with a thigh strap of the same fabric that connected to the bottom of the dress.