Chapter 08

"Go. Thalie!"  My friends gathered at the bench to cheer as we entered the court. "Para kay bebe loves mo!"

We do a little bit of warm ups not caring on what my friends were telling me. They were teasing me obviously. I haven't texted Joaquin if he'll going to watch dahil alam ko naman na busy siya. Hindi ko rin naman na hawakan iyong cellphone ko.

"Guys. Ready!" As the whistle began. Mabilis kaming nagtipon tipon to pray. And coach reminded us about the things na kailangan naming gawin.

"Iyong positions niyo ready lang! Mediyo mahirap i block iyong Opposite Hitter nila, pero kailangan niyong basahin. Focus okay? Huwag mang agaw ng bola. Kaya!"

We hurriedly run back to the bench to prepare. Mabilis kong hinubad iyong long sleeve na jersey ko as I changed it to my playing one. I look for my friends at iaabot sana iyon when I saw him there.

He stood up making him stand out admist the crowds. Nagulat ako ng makita na nakasuot siya same ng Jersey ko. With my surname at the back. He smiled at inabutan ako ng Pocari.

"Good luck. Thalie." He grabbed the jersey that I just took off at itinago muna iyon.

"Where did you got that?" I asked pertaining to the jersey he is wearing.

He wiggled his brows. "Secret."

I rolled my eyes at his answer! Tinanong ko nga para malaman ko pero Secret naman iyong sinabi niya. Nakakainis! I din't have the time to talk to him as our friends started to tease us.

"Asus. Panalo na 'yan. May pa good luck pa naman." Alicia laughed.

"Nasa Team Captain ba ang true love?" I just shook my head on what I've heard at umalis na as the game was about to start.

The first quarter were getting intense palang. I lose my focus at first making us bound back. I go back to the bench as Coach warned me with certain things.

"Thalie! Wala ka sa focus. Timing lang. Thalie Timing lang. Bawi bawi tayo." As the game began. I started to bring the focus on.

Up to five sets. I smirk. They were chasing us. Nanguguna kami. The scores ay lamang kami ng lima. Mabilis din naman kami kanina nakahabol. As we go back to the bench the cheers from both schools were getting louder and intense.

"Guys! Tandaan niyo. Lamang tayo. Pero kailangan pa rin natin humabol sa exact score. Doesn't mean na lamang tayo papaubaya na. Hindi 'to ex niyo para mag paubaya. Okay? Ang sa set natin. Lia kailangan mo ipasa ng mas mabuti pa. Then bantay lang."  Hindi ko ba alam kung seseryoso ako sa sinabi ni coach or I'll just laught it out. "Hindi 'yan multo para takbuhan. Bola yan para bantayan niyo."

We cheered as we return to the court. As I bent to stand the timing of the sudden landing of the ball into my wrist. Then touch down to our setter. She set to the middle blocker. We got denied.

"Ball denied! Suvalgo got the points! And Blocked the Middle Blocker of the USA!"

I continue to focus as the ball is still on our hands.

"Wow! The ball is still alive!"  The commentator said. Getting thrilled.

Mediyo natahimik pa iyong nanunuod at kabado na rin kami. We do the Ella de Jesus technique to set the ball towards me. I got the timing and found my own direction. My world slowly moved hindi alam kung naka puntos ba sa final set o ano. Gulat pa rin ako hanggang pumunta na iyong iba naming teammates sa harapan to celebrate our victory.

Shit!

The referee whistled and point her hand in our direction.

We Won!