001

001

Percy had slumped down into his seat, letting his bag fall to his feet, his best friend, Grover, next to him with a smile on his face. "well... Mr. Brunner is leading the trip. have some hope! this could be better." Grover shrugged enthusiastically.

Percy rolled his eyes. "yeah right, something stupid is going to happen and then i'm gonna get expelled." he said. "surely you won't." Grover furrowed his eyebrows and met Percy's eyes.

"surely he will." Olivia interrupted, sitting at the seat across from them. Percy sat up better and stared at her. "do you have to invite yourself into every single one of our conversations?" he scoffed. "sure i do." Olivia smiled. "sure you don't." Percy corrected her with a laugh-scoff.

"Percy, it was just a minor interaction, it's fine." Grover calmed the situation and shook his head as he just talked to Percy more.

Percy didn't mind sitting across from Olivia. but once Nancy Bobofit, the freckly, redheaded kleptomaniac girl, had sat next to her, it was all over. she had begun to toss her disgustingly weird sandwich of ketchup and peanut butter at Grover every time a teacher wasn't looking.

It was obvious Grover was an easy target. he was a scrawny little boy who cried easily. Nancy had seen that as a weakness, so, she made fun of him, and threw things, at him. and not to mention the boy was crippled.

Olivia had been friends with Grover, but when Grover had started hanging around Percy, Olivia left. Grover thought he did something wrong, but he grew to learn that maybe Olivia just didn't like Percy, which she still doesn't now.

Percy was sending glares at Nancy from beside Grover, and Olivia took notice. "You're on probation, Perceus. remember?" she mouthed to him teasingly, tilting her head in the same manner.

Percy only got more upset at that, and tried to stand up to threaten Olivia, but she was right in the end. she always was, in some crucial way. just then, Nancy threw yet another piece at Grover's head. "I'm going to kill her." Percy said quietly through gritted teeth.

Grover tried to calm him down. "It's okay, i like peanut butter." he shook his head, smiling. and yet, another piece of her sandwich was thrown at Grover's head as he dodged it. "That's it." Percy decided, and got up, trying to make and attempt to tell Nancy to stop, but grover pulled him down.

"probation." Grover warned. "but she's obviously bothering you!" Percy whined and Olivia snorted as he did. Percy glared at Olivia, and she rolled her eyes.

she tapped Nancy on the shoulder, making her turn around. "hey, my back hurts, so i'm gonna lay down, and if you don't want my feet on you, you should move. like... there's an empty seat over by ms. Dodds." Olivia fake smiled at Nancy, who rolled her eyes and went to sit next to some other kid, rather than ms. Dodds.

"your welcome." she said softly and sarcastically to Percy, so he didn't to anything to get him into trouble.

Percy rolled his eyes and didn't answer her. looking back on it he wished he would have decked Nancy Bobofit right then and there. In-school suspension would've been nothing compared to the mess he was about to get himself into.