003

003

Percy turned back to his lunch after a long silent look at Grover after what he said. it was just a simple laugh, nothing more. right?

he was about to unwrap his sandwich when none other than Nancy Bobofit dumped her half eaten lunch into Grover's lap.

"oops." she grinned at them with her crooked teeth.

Percy had to keep his cool. a million times, the school counselor had told him, "count to ten, get control of your temper." but he couldn't, his mind went blank, a roar of a wave in his ears.

"Percy pushed me!" Nancy screamed from the fountain, soaked in water. Olivia was walking back at that time, and she was holding her string cheese in her hand, she let out a little bit of a laugh, a smile forming on her lips.

she was frozen at the fact that the Nancy Bobofit was sitting butt first in the fountain, screaming. her cheese slipped from her hand and onto the floor. "he did it." she laughed quietly under her breath. "he actually fought back." she was somewhat proud.

Mrs. Dodds quickly strolled over with an angry face. she was promising poor little Nancy Bobofit to get her a new shirt at the museum gift shop, etc., etc., Mrs. Dodds turned to him. "Now, honey."

"I know," Percy grumbled, rolling his eyes. "a month erasing workbooks." that wasn't the right thing to say.

"come with me." Mrs. Dodds said. "wait!" grover yelled. Olivia stepped in front of Grover and looked at him then to Mrs. Dodds. "it was me." she sighed.

"i pushed her. she was bothering my... friends.. and i retaliated. i'm so sorry." Olivia lied, she was very good at it, considering her pretty privilege.

Mrs. Dodds shook her head. "I don't think so, Miss Wilde." she said. "But—" Olivia tried. "You—will—stay— here." Mrs. Dodds said sternly.

Grover and Olivia looked at each other desperately, then to Percy. "it's okay." Percy told them. "Thanks for trying." he smiled at Olivia slightly.

"Honey," Mrs. Dodds barked. "now."

Nancy smirked and looked at Percy, who gave her a look. Percy caught up with Mrs. Dodds, and looked back at Grover and Olivia, who were cutting their eyes between him and Mr. Brunner.

"Grover." Olivia whispered. "this isn't good."

"you think i don't know that?" Grover whispered back.

"do we just... wait it out?" Olivia asked Grover.

"seems like the better idea.." Grover nodded, sighing. Percy followed Mrs. Dodds farther down into the museum, going back to the Greek and Roman section. Except for them, the gallery was pure empty.

Mrs. Dodds stood with her arms crossed, looking at the frieze in a weird way. "you've been giving me problems, honey," she said. Percy sighed, but played it safe. "yes, ma'am."

it's not like she wanted to hurt him.

"i'll—i'll try harder, ma'am." Percy said as it felt like thunder struck the building. "we are not fools, Percy Jackson," Mrs. Dodds started. "it was only a matter of time before we found you out. Confess, and you will suffer less pain."

there was an uncomfortable silence in the room. "well?" she demanded. "Ma'am, i don't.." Percy said quietly.

"your time is up." she hissed at him. then the weirdest thing happened.