The Packs Arrival

Taylor's POV

It's the day after Rose was put down. Liz had messaged me, Damon had called Rose like he said he would. One problem dealt with, now to deal with Jules. I don't know where Tyler went to this morning. But I have bigger problems with the pack in town.

If Jules keeps going after Damon and his brother. It could lead to all of our deaths. But I won't let it get that far. Jules may not care about the packs safety, but I do. I'm watching the news. "Due to the recent tragedies that have plagued our town, we will be holding a memorial in Town Square today to honor all those we have lost. Join us and hope that as a community we can begin to heal" Carol says on TV.

I sigh and turn off the TV. This is all Jules' fault. Had she stayed in Florida none of this would be happening. All the people that died, would be alive right now. So would Rose. But Jules is just putting a target on all our backs.

I decide to go to the grill for a drink. It's far to early in the morning to deal with Jules. As I was leaving Carol appears. "Saw you on TV" I tell her.

"Morning Taylor, Tyler up?" she asks.

"I think he's still sleeping" I lie.

"That boy" she says shaking her head. "Will you be attending the memorial?" she asks.

"Doubtful, some of my friends have popped into town for a visit" I tell her. "But if I find time, I'll pop by" I assure her.

"Well I'm gonna go shower and get ready for the memorial" she states. I nod and leave. I go to the grill and order a coke. I want to have a clear head when I confront Jules and see the pack.

"Hello there" a vampire in a suit says as he joins me.

"Can't you vampires let me drink in peace?" I ask rhetorically. "Who are you anyway?" I ask.

"My name is Elijah and you are?" he asks.

"Taylor Lockwood" I tell him.

"Any relation to Carol and Tyler Lockwood?" he asks.

"My sister in law and nephew" I state. "So why are you talking to me?" I ask.

"I make it my business to know all the supernaturals in town and determine the threat they pose" he states.

"I pose none, the others wolves might" I tell him.

"Other wolves?" he asks.

"Jules and the pack" I state. "She's the reason all those people died. I plan on taking down a few pegs" I tell him.

"You sure it wise to face her alone?" he asks.

"Thanks, but I can take care of myself" I assure him. I finish my drink. "Gotta go" I tell him and leave. Once outside I take a deep breath and soon catch the packs scent. I set off. It leads me to a trailer in the woods.

"Taylor, hey girl" Stevie says smiling.

"What you doing here Taylor?" Brady asks.

"I'm here to tell you all to clear out" I state.

"Sorry, but Jules is alpha and she ordered us here" he states.

"Not for long, if she keeps messing with my nephew's safety. I will be taking her title" I state.

"You plan on challenging her?" Stevie asks.

"If she doesn't back down" I state.

"She's not scared of you" Brady tells me. "Neither am I" he adds. I grab him and throw him into a tree. He lands on the ground hard groaning in pain.