Chapter Eighteen - Just A Teenage Crush?

January 17, 2017

Quite a bit has happened since last week.

Today I was scheduled for a therapy session with Dr. Kim, and for the past 20 minutes I've just been sitting on this couch, not speaking a word.

Dr. Kim is clearly curious to my behavior as I would usually be the first one to talk because of how comfortable I am around her. But today I haven't even spoken a word since I walked in, even after she asked me how I was doing.

We were originally supposed to meet on the 15th but she was out of town visiting family in Busan, so we moved the appointment to today instead.

Ever since the whole I'm possibly crushing on my band member/best friend started coming into mind. I've been somewhat more quiet about my feelings towards everyone.

"So.. I've been somewhat confused about my feelings of late and, I truthfully don't know how to deal with them." I nervously said as I was fidgeting my fingers.

"Well whenever you feel comfortable and ready to tell me, I'm ready to listen and help in any way."

"Okay.. well you know it's not that much of a secret between the two of us that I like girls." I watched as Dr. Kim quietly nodded her head. "And of recent I've been somewhat confused about my feelings towards a girl who's a great friend of mine."

"I see, and do you possibly fear that this friend of yours may not like you in the same way?" I slowly nodded my head at her question.

"Yes but.. more importantly she's someone I shouldn't even like or think about liking as more than a friend."

"Hmm, may I ask who this person is? Please only tell me if you feel comfortable." I slowly looked down at my lap as I let out a small sigh.

"Chaeyoung." I said in a whisper, but clearly loud enough for Dr. Kim to hear.

"Your bandmate Chaeyoung?" She asked as I brought my eyes back up to meet hers.

"Yes.." I whispered again, my eyes now filling with tears.

Dr. Kim caught on sorrow now in her eyes as she leaned over to reach for a tissue that was sitting on the coffee table between us.

I thanked her before taking it and wiping the small amount of tears I had.

"Y/n, can I ask why you feel it's a bad thing for you to develop feelings for her?" She asked.

"Because.. she's someone who's been by my side like an older sister since I was 13. She's my unnie, my best friend, my band mate. I shouldn't look at her as more than what I just said. I'm already starting to fear the possibilities of these feelings continuing and growing as time goes on. I know I'm only 17 and at this age it's normal to have a crush but.. not on my best friend."

"Actually Y/n, it happens quite a lot for a lot of people, especially at your age. It happened to me." She admitted, causing my eyes to slightly widen in shock.

"Y-You have?"

"That I have, I was 18. He was my childhood best friend, we were neighbors and grew up together like siblings almost. Both our families were always very close, so we were in each other lives. We attended the same schools, classes and shared the same interests. My feelings didn't start to develop until he got his first girlfriend during the somewhat beginning of our senior year. Him and the girl were getting more serious and it slowly started to break my heart. I felt like I was dying on the inside because I felt he would never look at me as more than a sister, and that's when I started to think that having feelings for him was wrong. After graduation I knew we were both planning to attend different colleges, that was the first time we were ever going to be separated. I knew after I left he would probably forget all about me.. so I took my chance and confessed. He didn't say anything, he was just too stunned to speak and after that I placed a kiss on his cheek and said my final goodbyes before leaving."