Chapter 2: The Apocalypse

Emma's P.O.V

After the 'incident' with me and Paizley, she never talked, looked or even breathed in my direction. That's what I thought bitch. I was walking to my dad's truck. I hopped in.

"Hey baby girl." My dad said as I climbed into the truck. Mingus was in the backseat.

"Sissy! Sissy!" He screamed.

"Hey big boy." I said in a baby voice.

"How was school?" My dad asked while pulling out of the school parking lot.

"Good I guess. School is school. Haha" I said. We were about 10 minutes from the house.

"Uncle Merle is coming for dinner." He said while smiling.

"Oh my gosh really? I love when he comes!!" I squealed. We pulled into the drive way. "UNCLE MERLE!!!!" I yelled when I saw him open the front door. I jumped into his arms.

"EMMA!!" He yelled and grabbed me. We walked in and saw mama cooking.

"Hey baby girl. How was school?" She asked as she put the chicken back into the oven.

"Eh it was school." I laughed.

We all ate and enjoyed having uncle Merle visiting.

-*-*-*THE NEXT DAY-*-*-*
"Emma!" Eliza said as she got her math book out of her locker.

"Eliza!" I said with the same enthusiasm. "Where's Sofia?" I ask.

"Bathroom. Her friend visited." She said as she smirked.

"Oh..." Is all I said.

•+•+•+•+•
The final bell rang. I walked outside to find my dad. I looked to my left and saw somebody kneeling over the top of another person. Blood dripping from his mouth. What in the hell? I walked back in slowly and fount Sofia, Eliza and Jacob. I grabbed their hands.

"What in the fuck is going on?" I whisper-shout.

"W-what are you talking about?" Sofia asked.

"There is somebody eating another HUMAN BEING."

They both looked shocked. "Follow me." I say.

We walked outside and that 'thing' isn't there.

"It's gone! I swear it was here." My dad pulled up.

"Get in NOW!" My dad screamed. Me, Sofia, Eliza and Jacob ran to the truck.

We heard a screeching scream. And I felt Sofia's grip on my hand tighten. I look back and saw that 'thing' take a huge bite out of Sofia's forearm.

"SOFIA!!!! NOOO!!!!" I scream.

"Just go! Please. Keep Eliza and Jacob safe. Please." She said as more 'things' took a bite out of her neck and then another took a bite out of her shoulder. Then another drug her to the ground and it took a bite out of her thigh.

"We have to leave NOW!" Jacob shouted.

"Emma Rose Dixon. Get in the truck NOW!" My mom shouted. Me, Eliza and Jacob jump in the back seat. Mingus is on the front with my mom.

"What is going on?!" I asked.

"There is an outbreak. You know that movie 'Dawn of the Dead'?" I nod my head. "That's what those things are. They are zombies. And the only way to kill them is to stab them in the head and kill the brain." My dad says.

Eliza is still holding my hand and crying silently.

^•^•^•^
We are in front of an old Big Spot. My dad bangs on the window. "Give it a minute." He says. We waited about two minutes as two of those creatures bang their hands on the window. We open the door and my dad kills them.

We walk in. "Gather anything we might need. Flashlights. Batteries. Matches. Food. Water. Just a lil bit of erething." My dad said and then we went our separate ways.

I walk into the flashlight and battery isle. I grab 7 flashlights. 10 pack of batteries. 17 packs of matches. I was about to go to a different isle when I heard something on the roof. I look up and see a whole forming on the roof. Then all of a sudden I see a creature about 10 feet away from me. I pull my knife out. My dad told me to aim for the brain. I walked up and grabbed its throat and punctured its skull and I watched as his body went limp. I look up and even more creatures are falling. I ran to my mom and Mingus.

Everybody was close together when I noticed, Jacob was nowhere to be fount. I look around the store.

"Where's Jacob?!" I ask frantically. I look up once more and saw this helicopter was about to fall as make us pancakes. Out of the corner of my eye I see Jacob running.

"Jacob!" I yell.

'Spat!' Right before my eyes, I see another one of my best friends be take away from my life.

"Noooo!!!!!!!" I yell as warm, bitter tears ran down my face.

"Come on baby girl. We gotta go." My dad says as he wraps his arm around my waist.

•••A/N•••
Heyyy guys. I know this sucks. I know. I promise it will get better because Carl will be coming in REALLY SOON. Well I hope you guys enjoy. Byeee😘

❤️
Meni