Chapter 4: 'Him'

Why does this stuff have to happen to me? I just don't get it. What did I do that was so bad? But on the bright side I still have my family.

Daddy says we are low on food. We have to go an old Food Giant in Atlanta. The last time we were in Atlanta we almost lost Mingus. He was looking for mom in a clothes store and then the things just came out of nowhere. We were terrified.

But when we go to Atlanta this time it's just gonna be me and daddy. We always get the job done.

***2 hours later***
"Ready to go baby girl?" My dad asked while loading up the truck.

"Yeah," I said while throwing my bag into the back seat.

"I love y'all two, please be careful." My mom said as she walked over to me and snaked her skinny arms around me waist.

"Always am," I said.

She kissed me on the head and walked over to my dad.

"Please keep her safe." She said.

"I will always keep her safe. She's my baby girl. I couldn't live without her." He said as he kissed her.

We hoped in the truck and sped off.

**Two miles down the road**
I opened the glove box. I saw a Florida Georgia Line cd. I popped it in the CD player. My favorite song was Cruise. I turned it to that song.

"Oh yeah," my daddy said.

"Baby you're a song and you make me wanna roll my windows down and cruuuuuise." We sang in sync.

"I wonder if they are still alive, you know after all hell broke loose." I said.

"I highly doubt it."  My dad said.

We finally pulled into a ratted parking lot of Food Giant. We got out of the truck and made sure we have our guns and knife.

"Ready?" My dad asked while putting an arrow in his crossbow.

"Ready," I sigh.

We walk up to the door.

"Shit." My dad says.

"What's the problem?" I ask.

"The damn doors are automatic." He said.

"There's nothing we can't handle." I said as I take my gun out of its holster.

We walk a little bit closer. And the doors glide with ease. When we walk in there isn't walkers in here, that we see.

"Okay, u go get food. You know what to get right?"

"Yep. Can goods and anything that might be good." I say.

"Okay good. Be careful. I love you." He said as he walked the opposite direction.

I walked to a isle with only canned foods. I started grabbing everything in reach. When I reach the end of the isle, I heard something crunch. I turn around and came face to face with a hideous, woman walker. She looked like she used to work here. Her name tag said Victoria.

It grabbed my wrist and started clomping its teeth.

I tried to grab my knife but as soon as I got it out it fell.

"Shit." I mumbled.

All of a sudden I felt it go limp and it fell to the ground. I look up and see this incredibly attractive boy that appears to have brown hair and blue eyes and was wearing a sheriffs hat.

"Hey, my name is Carl." He said sweetly and smiled.

~•~•~A/N•~•~•
This chapter goes to @bella_loves_chandler. Thank you for the support!!