4| Threats

1500+ words

Author's Pov

───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────

"I doubt, are you able to handle it?" he said, raising his eyebrows.

"Still judging me by my clothes or by my gender?" she said with a calm voice.

"Noh--I mean yeah," he said, looking into her eyes intensely.

"Whatever. Decide what you want to do soon, and inform me. I don't have much time to waste on you, Mr. Rajvanshi," she said, sighing, standing up, and then left from there.

After she left, Devrishi, who had been listening to everything while sitting on the couch in the corner of the cabin, came in front of Vidyut and said,

"Ved, she is a great lawyer. She is the one who fought Mr. Mishra's case, and he gave me her details, saying she is professional and hardworking. And on top of that, she has never lost any case in her career."

"She doesn't even have a career, Dev. It's just four years of her working as a lawyer," he said, chuckling in sarcasm.

"You have been working as an independent businessman for the just last five years too. You shouldn't judge her by her gender or dressing sense. She is professional and knows very well how to handle conversations professionally. Mr. Mishra spoke highly about her," Dev said in a calm voice.

"I have a doubt she might back out at the last moment under the pressure or threat of Ashutosh Mehra. I don't want to involve that fragile figure in the dangerous game of mine," he said, the last line accompanied by a smirk.

"I'll ask about the pressure and causes of accepting our case. If she says she is still ready to take the matter into her own hands, will you accept her?"

"Hmm," he said, nodding while rubbing his thumb on his forehead.

I had pictured Vidyut Rajvanshi as an older man, maybe in his early 40s, but, hell, he is a hot, freaking young man who can make any girl's breath stop with his intense gaze and deep voice

But God, his brain sucks.

He annoyed me with his words. 

The man is just judging me because I look like a model.

Well, Inayat, take it as a compliment.

Whatever, he made me mad.

Just because you look like a Greek god doesn't mean you can talk nonsense. 

Whatever, I don't want to work with him either. 

If he rejects me, it's totally fine.

I was talking to myself while sitting on the balcony when my phone rang.