8| Cookie X Bit*h ✓

1500+ words

I was already alert after getting the news that Ashutosh Mehra's hospital got sealed, knowing he would likely harm Inayat just to keep his anger down, with Inayat being the reason behind all of this

I had already called Dev to keep an eye on Inayat; he was already following her as soon as he learned she had left her apartment.

While I was working, I received a call from Dev that a few cars were stalking Inayat.

My breath hitched upon hearing this, and I rushed towards the location that Dev sent me, along with a few more cars.

When I arrived and saw that she was still safe, I let out the breath I had been holding for so long.

I immediately signaled my men to fire, and they did.

We managed to take down all 15 men who were standing in front of us, pointing their guns towards Inayat.

Afterward, I signaled for all of them to stay where they were standing, and then I sped up my car to approach Inayat's car.

When I came out from my car, I saw Inayat push the back seat car door and step out.

She appeared calm, tracing me from head to toe, and I noticed she was holding a revolver tightly in her right hand.

I sighed lightly; this freaking insane girl was all calm and chill after taking my breath away.

I went towards the passenger's seat of my car, opened the door, and signaled to her with my eyes to sit.

She smirked a little and then approached me, sitting inside the car.

I closed the car door after she settled in.

She adjusted the seat to make it more comfortable, pushing it back and laying comfortably.

A soft whisper left her mouth, "I'm tired."

After that, I started driving without disturbing her, and she drifted off to sleep as soon as the car climbed on the highway.

After half an hour, I reached my building and parked the car in the underground.

I glanced at the breathtaking figure sleeping beside me.

She looked tired.

For a few moments, I watched her before stepping out of the car.

I opened the door and lifted her up into my arms.

She didn't flinch at all, deeply asleep.

Using my leg, I pushed the car door shut and saw Dev standing behind me, arms folded across his chest, smirking as he looked at me.

I glared at him and started walking towards the elevator, saying, "Follow me."

The lift opened in my apartment, and I went upstairs with Inayat in my arms.