3| First Encounter

2000+ words

Author's POV:-

Inayat was sitting on her bedroom floor carpet, basking in the warm orange glow of the sunset. Her room was painted in hues of orange, creating a cozy atmosphere.

Her only company was Cookie, her golden retriever, her little sunshine.

Cookie's fur sparkled in the sunlight as he wiggled in excitement.

Inayat couldn't help but enjoy the adorable chaos as Cookie bounded over, his tail wagging furiously, and his fluffy ears flipping with each joyful leap.

When Cookie settled beside her, she lovingly caressed behind his ears, causing his eyes to close in pure bliss.

"Sorry for not giving you enough time in the last two weeks," she cooed, planting a gentle kiss on his forehead.

Cookie responded with a playful lick, and she couldn't resist wrapping her arms around him. The world seemed to slow down as Inayat marveled at the unconditional love radiating from her furry friend.

Eventually, she fell asleep while cuddling Cookie on the floor. 

However, her peaceful slumber was interrupted by a phone call, disturbing her from the sweet nap she was sharing with her beloved canine companion.

"Hello, Mom!" she spoke while receiving a call.

"How did your hearing go today?" her mother asked from the other side of the phone.

"Of course, Mom, it went well as always!" she said with a proud smile.

"I'm so proud of you, my princess," her mother said proudly.

"Thank you, Mom," she replied, smiling.

"Okay, beta, take care of yourself and visit here soon if it's possible," her mother said lovingly.

"Sure, Mom, I'll soon," she replied, sighing slowly.

Yeah, that's how we talk with each other. Nothing much—maximum 5 minutes, mostly less than 5 minutes.

I know my Mom works very hard, and she gets tired.

Even after a hectic day, she never misses a day without talking to me, so I'm grateful.

In this generation where women like me are not into kids, family, and marriage because I can't freaking take on that responsibility, my mom is doing great.

I don't have any complaints about my mom and dad, unlike in movies and Indian daily soaps where people cry over their parents not giving them time.

They had a freaking life before me, and they gave me every freaking thing in my life, including my life.