Chapter 12

I just arrived back from the grocery store. I opened the door and Dallace flung himself at me. I immediately dropped all the bags I was once carrying in my hands. I had anticipated this, as he always done this when I would walk through the door.

"Y/N! You're finally back! I missed you so much. I worried about you so much!" Dallace says happily as he attacks you with kisses.

You can only laugh at this. It has happened so many times before. Yet, you never got sick of it, nor annoyed of it of course. This was just another one of the reasons why you love and cherish Dallace so dearly.

"I appreciate you doing all this, but I need to unpack the groceries baby~" I say with a laugh.

"Noooo, just hug me for awhile longer!" Dallace whines as he hugs my waist tightly.

I only laugh more at this and reluctantly let myself be hugged. It wasn't anything of a bother anyway. How could it? I enjoyed it so much, there was nothing to hate about it.

After a few moments Dallace gets up, towering over me. He only stares at me with a smile, gazing into my eye's lovingly.

"You're so beautiful my love." Dallace says after a bit.

"You're stunningly handsome as well. Now would you mind getting up now? The floor is gonna give me back problems." I say with a groan.

Dallace only laughs at this and gets up. He reaches his hands out and I take it. He lifts me up and grabs the bags still somehow being carried.

After putting everything away, Dallace grabs his bread. He looks at me with delight.

"You got me (bread name)!? You're so sweet, thank you!!" Dallace says eagerly.

"How could I forget your precious bread? I thankfully managed to get, it seemed to be the last one." I say with a warm smile.

"Really? They must be popular!"

"Mhm, luckily a generous guy at the shops let me have it."

"...What?"

"Hm?"

"What did you say??"

"Uhm... I said that a generous guy let me have the last loaf of bread..."

"A guy? What guy!?"

"Dallace-"

"No! Don't make up any excuse for this. What guy!?"

"I- just some guy I met."

"Some guy!? No stranger would ever be willing to give up something for another! Everyone is selfish. He must have been interested in you!"

"What!? Dallace don't get so worked up over simple generosity. Not everyone is selfish you know."

"Of course not everyone is selfish. You and me aren't selfish. And that's everyone"

I sigh deeply. He dropped it once I suggested I make it up to him with cuddles. I'm just glad he didn't ask anything more, I didn't realize he'd be so upset about such a simple gesture. Especially since he's been getting better, or at least that's what it seemed. I don't think he'd be too happy if I were to tell him about our full encounter. Maybe it's best I keep it to myself, for now at least.

| —— —— —— —— |
Time Skip
| —— —— —— —— |

I was sleeping peacefully beside Dallace as usual. Nothing was off, nothing was out of the ordinary. Everything was fine. Until...

"Y/N." Dallace says.

"..."

"Y/N, get up. Now." Dallace repeats once again, shaking me awake.

I grumble a bit at the sudden motion. I take in a deep breath, being awake so late.

"Dally...? What time is it? Why are you waking me up at- 3:46am!?" I read out the time, startled as I look at the clock on the nightstand.

"Y/N, explain to me what this is." Dallace says, his firm voice not budging a bit.

"What's what?-"

I look at Dallace, he had my phone in his hands. I could see my lock screen, it was of me and Dallace smiling at the screen. There were... 56 message notifications from Newton.

——