47. Aarnav

"Are you not going to wear a sherwani?" Reena asked while I was rolling up my sleeves

"It's not my wedding." I said.

"Don't you think you should get married now? You are soon going to be 31 now....Ek baar umar nikal gyi na toh achi ladki nhi milegi( you won't find a nice girl after you pass this age) " She said teasing.

"Thike dadi maa (grandmother)." We both laughed.

"She is right, you should get married now." Choti Maa came from behind.

"What's wrong with y'all? Why are you concerned about my marriage all of a sudden? "

"We just want you to get settle and have your own family."

"You guys are my family."

"Shut up, don't argue with me. You know what I mean. Marne se pehle pote/poti ki shakal dekhni hai hume( I want see the face of my grandchild before dying.) " Choti Maa said.

"Ohh God, don't start with your bollywood senti dialogues. Apne kya Hum sath sath hai dekhi hai? (Have you watched Hum saath saath hai movie?)

Reena laughed.

" Stop laughing, what's wrong in that film I love it. And if Reena was of right age I would have told her to get married and  wouldn't even request you."

"Okay fine, will talk about this tomorrow we are getting late now." I said and hugged her.

Even though the event was going to be very simple, it was very well organized. The simple looked way more beautiful and the white flowers looked....
She loved white roses.

"Aarnav Bro, how are you?" My classmate asked.

"I am good, how are you?" I asked.

The next few minutes went in meeting the old friends and I was happy to see all of them happy in their lives and successful. Most of them were married and some even had kids. So irritating to see them cry in such a good environment, ruined my mood.

My eyes stopped on someone while I was appreciating the decorations. She wore a black shimmer saree with a backless blouse and a very beautiful knot. Girls these days don't trust on guys but trust just a simple knot and think that it won't open. But then I saw her hairs, they were brown just like Aadhya's, actually it was exactly like her.

She turned around and I saw her brown sparkling eyes. She looked so beautiful in saree. I had always seen her in western or casual dresses but in saree she looked like an Indian Cinderella sent directly from heaven.

There was a time when I could go and talk to her whenever I want and now I can just look her from a distance and admire something that's not mine and can never be mine.