ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟛: 𝕊𝕥𝕦𝕔𝕜

UK and USSR were sitting in the pristine kitchen downstairs. It was astonishingly well maintained and clean even though some wallpaper was teared up at the slightest. The walls were a deep orange and the cabinets were a beautiful brown with some impressive designs imprinted onto it. The curtains were a fair white which spilled minimum light yet it still kept a warm welcome to whoever was inside the kitchen. 

The two were enjoying some eggs with toast for the morning before the nearby phone started to ring. USSR let out an annoyed sigh as he walked towards the phone. UK stared at the larger's expressions. He was annoyed, then tired, then even more frustrated. USSR slammed the phone and stomped out of the kitchen to head upstairs. UK was extremely disoriented at the sudden reaction from the communist but couldn't budge from his place. He heard audible Russian language used upstairs to which UK understood nothing but shook it off to believe it was swearing. 

USSR soon crashed down dressed messily in his coat, ushanka and boots. He stormed back into the kitchen and snatched his keys from a nearby counter. "Right, don't mess with anything while I'm gone. Clear!?" he bellowed. UK jumped in his seat but gave a swift nod and off USSR went, breaking the front door while he left, which unleashed another set of cursing from USSR.  UK didn't move for a few minutes. He was bewildered. Very bewildered. He chose to do something to help USSR from his current state. Well, what that may be you ask? Fix the problems of course!

So, UK headed back towards USSR's room as he remembered a tool box near the closet at the end of his bed. He tried picking it up the first time, he couldn't. He placed two hands on the grip and pulled it again. It lifted ever so little from the ground. UK (now sweating profusely) walked very slowly down the flight of stairs. As soon as he reached the end, he collapsed onto the floor. The toolbox was too heavy for him. After a quick 5 minutes of rest, he picked himself up again and shoved himself to the cracked door. 

Thankfully for UK, the door was only dented with a few screws misplaced (and few minor chipping). He looked into the toolbox and found some wood filler (I literally had to research on how to fix broken doors for this ;-;). He undid the cap and started to fill. Slowly but surely, it dried up. UK soon grabbed the sandpaper and sanded the filled areas. He unfortunately didn't have any paint with him so he left the fill as it is. UK put away the supplies and prepared to open the door. He grabbed the screws and screwdriver and opened the door. A wave of cold air hit UK but he persevered to fix the door. He clenched tightly onto his vest and started to twist and turn the screws. 

After a very, very long time, UK finished and let out a huge sigh of relief. He shut the door quickly and slumped himself next to the fireplace. UK didn't know how to deal with fire so he grabbed a thin blanket and wrapped himself like a burrito. He was still cold. Soon enough, he felt a bit doozy so he rested his head onto a pillow and slept with the freezing temperatures. Only a few minutes passed and the door was opened again. USSR entered the house only to trip on the toolbox. He crashed loudly only to scare UK away. "WHAT THE F!?^%!?!? WHY IS THERE A TOOLBOX HERE UK? I TOLD YOU NOT TO MESS WITH ANYTHING WHEN I LEFT!" USSR yelled, making the walls shake. 

UK moved away from USSR and held the blanket closer to his face. "ANSWER THE DAMN QUESTION UK. WHY IS THERE A TOOLBOX HERE?!" USSR bellowed once again. "I-I..I just wanted to help.." UK whined quietly. USSR turned to face the door and saw it in perfect condition from when he broke it. Only difference is the filler colour not matching the original door. USSR let out an angry huff as he grabbed the toolbox with ease and stormed upstairs. UK slowly let go of the blanket and looked onto the floor with disappointment. His eyes furrowed as he begun to tear up. He dabbed his eyes with the blanket and laid down again. 

USSR headed back down the stairs again in a more calm manner. He walked towards UK and crouched to reach his level. He placed his hand onto UK's side and lifted him up to sit upright. "Hey look. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to shout at you..I just was really angry that I had to let it out. Please don't be frustrated with me," USSR in a calm yet monotonous voice. UK looked up at USSR as his eyes met the other. "But why are you angry.?" He asked. "School called in, they told me that it will be in refurbishment for about a year and asked me to help with a few things..and work," USSR replied. "Oh," UK murmured. 

UK's eyes focused away from the golden ones that were rested onto the bloody, grey ones. USSR was just about to pull away before being stopped by UK. He looked in confusion as UK moved closer. UK embraced USSR around the neck and USSR crouched there in shock. The two slipped into some comfortable silence and soon became strangely long enough. UK pulled away to see USSR sleeping on his shoulder and that was enough for UK to slip into his neck and sleep with him, burying his head.

«—————————————————————-»

Words: 951