Ch: 0 - The Tragedy

The sirens blared as waves crashed against the shore. Screams grew louder as the sun set below the horizon. Despite the lack of sun, the sandy beach was glowing with light. Families rushed out of the dark sea as the waves pulled for them to remain.
Cobe: CORINNA!!!!!
The scream from her brother was ear splitting as Corinna desperately made her way to her feet. The water pooled beneath her as she ran toward the lights. She jumped into her brother's arms as tears poured down her face. Terrified faces behind her forced her to turn around at the horrific sight. She quickly dried her hands and eyes of the salty water and blinked through the burn. There it was, her entire life flaming in front of her. The S.S. McAllister had mysteriously erupted into flames just fifteen minutes ago and was still glowing. The fire could not be reached due to the infested waters, but the waves grew bigger from the barge causing a sea life stir. The crowd on the shore watched as a huge whale surfaced before crashing down directly behind the ship and sending a huge wave to the shore. The crowd panicked as the wave barreled down straight on the shore. Everyone was left soaked by the saltwater.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suddenly the world was dark. Corinna searched the darkness for any signs but all was found hopeless. She ran out to the water and looked desperately for her parent's ship. She cried out when she noticed a large 'M' floating in the water. Her knees crashed into the sand and everything went completely silent besides the ringing in her ears. Corinna felt a hand on her shoulder and it didn't take much for her to realize it was her brother. She looked back out and noticed the letter was gone.
News Anchor: After a mysterious tragedy, sea life conservationists Charlie and Camille McAllister among 50 other multigenerational scientists are no where to be found. The well known ship the S.S. McAllister erupted into flames as the crew was on their way home for the season. There will be a seaside memorial service at 12pm EST. Thank you
Corinna: Can I have that back please
News Anchor: Of course sweetheart. I'm so sorry
Cobe: It's okay. It's just all we have now
News Anchor: I understand
She walks away with a pitiful smile. The McAllister family picks up the 'M' and walks back toward the condos.
Corinna: How will we tell Clarissa?
Grandma McAllister: Why don't you let us handle that?
Corinna: Yes Granna