02

Not edited

Meallan::

Me,Percy and Grover sat in the back of Mrs.Jacksons car as she speed down the road and Grover started to explained... honestly I don't even know, this whole thing is confusing.

"My job have been to guide you two to this moment, it's always an emotional roller coaster for young demigods. So providing a support system is really-"

"Who are you?" I leans forward to look at Grover when Percy asked him the question we all wanted.

"I'm Grover. Your best friend and-"

"What are you." I clarified and he looked hurt at what I said but I just want answers.

He reached up and toke of his beanie "I'm a satyr. And I'm both of yours protector."

"You're our protector?" No offence to Grover but how could HE protect us.

"If I hadn't gotten you two kicked out of school, you'd never survived the night. And what's chasing us now would have found you guys easily there."

Percy turns away from Grover refusing to look at him. "I'm sorry." Percy still doesn't look at him "usually, I can sense danger coming a mile away. But this time... Well, none of us saw Dodds coming." This caught Percy's attention

"So you knew. That thing that Dodds turned into, you saw it happen?" Percy was pissed and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't.

"Why didn't you say anything?" I leaned more forward to make eye contact with Grover.

"I saw some of it. The mist kept her hidden even from us until it was too late."

"Mist? What's a mist?" Percy asked him "the mist. It's the veil that hides the magical world from the human world." Percy looks over to me to make sure I'm hearing the same thing he is "my legs. Dodds' wings. Even her absence. But it isn't supposed to hide things from me. That never happens."

"Then why did it?" I questioned Grover some more. "Something powerful is at work here. The sooner we get to camp, the better off you're..." me and Percy turned to him and for the what 100th time tonight? We have him a confused look and Grover looked to my mom and Mrs.Jackson. "You told them about camp, right?"

"Not yet. No." That was the first I had heard from Mrs.Jackson the whole car ride but my mom just stayed silent. "Camp is a sanctuary for half-bloods." Grover goes on to explain "A safe space where you can learn who you are and what world is most on the other side of the mist, uh it's not far, actually. Just a little ways past the bend up there."

"Mom, what else haven't we talked about?" Mrs.Jackson looks at Percy through the mirror but then quickly looks at the road "what else haven't you told me?"

Before she could answer white lights flashed behind us and then booming sound could be heard. A Minotaur comes out of the lights. "Is that the Minotaur?" Percy looks out at it and we all turn to look.

"No it's Nancy. what do you think!" I smack him over the head and he glares back me "once the attacks start. They never let up. Okay? Dodds was just the beginning." Grover whips his head to look at Mrs.Jackson and my mom before turning to me and Percy "he is next. He- he is brutal. He is relentless."

"He is still wearing underpants." Of course Percy would bring that up at a time like this. The Minotaur growled as it ran faster towards the car "the mythomagic cards were training. Everything has been training for what's still ahead of you."

"Oh great so I'm going into this basically blind cause I didn't wanna be a loser. Great!" You can tell I was scared by the tone of my voice "what's ahead of me?" Percy ignored what I said.