Chapter 2 Sorting Ceremony

Eve entered the compartment where Ron and Harry were.
- There you go, another Weasley and Harry Potter. - Eve said at first
- Who are you? - Harry asked terrified as Eve looked at him with unpleasant eyes
- She was the best seeker in the youth Quidditch league this year! - Ron exclaimed
Eve smiled carelessly and casually.
-You are Harry's sister, Eve Potter. - Ron shouted in surprise.
- Yes, I hope to see you in Slytherin, Harry. - she said and left.
- Slytherin? She wants to go to Slytherin? Ron asked Harry.
- I don't know, apart from the fact that she pushed me on the platform, it's the first time I've seen her. - Harry replied
- If we end up in a house other than Slytherin, I doubt she would let us live. - said Ron.
Many first years were exiting the Hogwarts Express. Hagrid came with a large lamp.
- Hello Hagrid! - Harry greeted him
Hagrid smiled in response.
- First years, come with me! - Hageid shouted and moved towards the boats.
There were many boats and lamp lights visible on the lake near Hogwarts. Hagrid instructed the first years, and they went to meet the vice-principal, Professor McGonagall. As they were walking up the stairs towards the main hall, they saw the person Hagrid was talking about.
- Before you cross this threshold, you must know that there are 4 houses that will replace your houses at school: Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. Now wait here. - said Professor McGonagall.
- So it's true what they said on the train, Harry Potter honored Hogwarts. - Draco started.
-Harry Potter. - the crowd began to whisper.
-I'm Draco, Draco Malfoy. - Draco introduced himself and Ron laughed.
- Does my name make you laugh? The redhead, his older brother's robe, is definitely a Weasley. - Draco said to Ron contemptuously.
- Some wizards are not worth associating with. - Draco turned to Harry again.
- I will decide for myself who is worth hanging out with. - Harry replied.
- Calm down, boys, it's only school, we have to learn and make friends, and I'm sure it will be a good adventure. Lydia said with a sinister smile.
No one believed her that it would be a nice year. At that moment, Professor McGonagall came. Draco stepped back to Crabbe and Goyle.
- Now follow me in line. - said Professor McGonagall.
She led them into a large hall with four large tables and Slytherin banners hanging from the transparent ceiling.Professor Mcgonagall stood up at the stool and took the sorting hat.
- When I read someone's name, he comes here and puts on the sorting hat. - she said and the sorting ceremony began.
- Abbott, Hanna. - Professor McGonagall shouted
- Hufflepuff - the hat shouted after putting it on.
- Bones, Susan - Professor McGonagall read
- Hufflepuff - the hat shouted again.
- Boot, Terry - was read and assigned to Ravenclaw by the hat.
Blocklehurst, Mandy also went to Ravenclaw. Brown, Lavender went to Gryffindor.Bulstrode, Millicent was put in Slytherin.
- Finch-Fletchey, Justin - read Professor McGonagall.
- Hufflepuff - the hat shouted.
Finnigan, Seamus got into Gryffindor after a minute.
- Granger, Hermione - read the professor.
Hermione walked quickly to the table and sat down on it.
- Gryffindor - the hat shouted, and Ron then groaned.
- Grindelwald, Anthony - Professor McGonagall read
There was silence. Everyone noticed Anthony. He was very famous in Quidditch as a Chaser and as a relative of a famous wizard who did what Voldemort did only earlier. Anthony walked confidently, not too quickly, to the table and sat down on it. Dumbledore moved slightly and began to look carefully, as did the entire room. Harry wondered who the person who was walking was. After putting the tiara on, 6 minutes passed. The tiara then moved seriously in preparation for the announcement of the result. There was complete silence in the room. Everyone was waiting for the decision, knowing that they would hear it soon.
- Gryffindor - the hat shouted, and the Gryffindor table began to rejoice.
- Grindelwald, Drago - read Professor McGonagall
He walked proudly. As soon as the hat was placed on him, he was sorted into Slytherin. They were very surprised, but the ceremony had to continue.
- Grindelwald, Lydia - another name came up
- Slytherin - the hat said after a minute
Dumbledore and the rest of the teachers relaxed a little. Longbottom, Neville ended up in Gryffindor after some time. Malfoy, Draco in Slytherin in a few seconds. Later there were a few people.
- Potter, Eve - Professor McGonagall read
The hat sorted her into Slytherin, and Harry was worried that she would end up there too.
- Potter, Harry - Professor McGonagall read.
Harry approached the table, looking nervous. When the tiara was put on him, he just asked not to be put into Slytherin.
- So not Slytherin? You're sure of it here in your head, said the tiara
- Gryffindor, please - Harry began to beg
- Hmmmmm..., Gryffindor - said the hat
Gryffindors started to rejoice and shout "We've got Potter". Ron also got into Gryffindor. After Dumbledore reminded everyone of the rules, they all went to their common rooms where they were taken to their dorms.