Chapter 4

Nobody was happy with the next lesson. Gryffindors and Slytherins had a Potions lesson. Eve has been interested in potions and potions for as long as she can remember and was able to invent her own, but her tutor, Snape, a professor in the field of potions, never noticed it as he was practically constantly at Hogwarts, and she spent most of her time at Malfoy or Grindelwald house, who did not want the children to be alone in this at a young age, they often organized longer stays with one of the families. She was not happy because the lessons would be with Gryffindors. Anthony is very stressed because he is not interested in potions, and Snape really likes asking Gryffindors as they found out from Percy, who is the Head Prefect of Gryffindor. The lesson begins. In the first bench in the row on the right sits Harry and Ron, behind them Anthony, Hermione and the other Gryffindors. In the row on the left, first Draco and Blaise, then Lydia and Dafne, then Eve, Drago and other Slytherins. Snape entered the room and started reading the attendance register and, like Professor Flitwick in Charms lesson, he stopped at Harry.
- Oh, yes - Snape said quietly, but everyone heard him clearly - Harry Potter. Our new celebrity.
The Slytherins laughed quietly, except for Eve, who was fascinated by the lesson. Harry immediately sensed that Snape didn't like him, but by the end of the lesson he was sure it was hatred.
- You are here to learn the subtle yet rigorous art of making potions - he began in a whisper, but just like in Transfiguration class there was silence, which Snape maintained without raising his voice - There is no stupid wand waving here, so perhaps many of you think that it's not magic at all. I do not expect you to truly appreciate the beauty of the seething cauldron and the sparkling steam rising from it, the delicate power of the fluids that creep through a person's veins to charm the mind and ensnare the senses... I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory , and even stop death, as long as you're not a bunch of dunces like I usually must to teach. Harry and Ron exchanged glances. Hermione and Eve straightened up, intending to prove that they weren't idiots. Anthony ran a hand through his hair in stress.
- Potter! - Snape said suddenly to Harry - What will I get if I add powdered asphodel root to the wormwood tincture?
Harry began to wonder. Powdered root of what? For a tincture of what? Ron was so stupid. Hermione's hand shot up. Eve also raised her hand significantly.
- I don't know, Professor - Harry replied.
Snape sneered.
- I see! Apparently fame isn't everything - Snape commented, disregarding Eve and Hermione's raised hands
- Lets try again. Potter, where will you look if I tell you to find a bezoar? - said Snape
Hermione raised her hand as high as she could without leaving the bench, and Eve raised it a little lower. Harry tried to ignore Malfoy, Crabbe and Goyle who were shaking with laughter.
- I don't know, Professor - Harry replied
- I don't think you looked at any books before you came here, did you Potter? - Snape commented
Harry looked into his eyes. And he thought or expected Snape that he would remember every recipe from A Thousand Magical Herbs and Mushrooms that he had read from the Dursleys. Snape continued to ignore Hermione and Eve's hand.
- Potter, what's the difference between a wolfsbane and a yellow aconite? - Snape asks again
Hermione stood up and raised her hand so that it was almost touching the ceiling, and Eve barely raised her hand.
- I don't know - Harry replied quietly, - but I think Hermione knows, so why don't you ask her? - Harry finishes his statement
He prefers not to mention Eve because she is in the enemy house and he doesn't want her to get extra points. There were isolated laughs and Seamus winked at him. Anthony began to look at it with a little fear. Snape, however, was not impressed.
- Sit down! - he growled at Hermione - Potter, because of your ignorance Gryffindor loses a point. I wonder if your sister is equally ignorant, says Snape
- Potter, you raised your hand, so answer the questions - Snape says nervously to Eve
- Asphodelus and wormwood give a strong soporific drink, also known as the brew of living death. Beozar is a stone formed in the goat's stomach, where it is also sought and protected against many poisons. Deathwort and yellow aconite are the same plant, also called aconite - replies Eve
- 5 points to Slytherin for correct answers - said Snape reluctantly - Why don't you write this down? - says Snape nervously
There is a movement in the classroom, everyone grabs parchments and quills. Later it was a little more difficult and for most people worse. Snape divided them into pairs and ordered them to prepare a simple potion that would cure boils. Snape walked around the room and criticized almost everyone except Malfoy, whom he clearly favored, which didn't sit well with Eve, who saw a lot of his mistakes. He was just telling everyone to look at how Malfoy had masterfully brewed his horned snails and Eve just rolled her eyes when suddenly a cloud of acrid green smoke filled the dungeon and there was a loud hiss. Neville accidentally rocked Seamus' cauldron and the liquid they were brewing spilled onto the floor, burning holes in the neighbors' shoes. Neville, covered in liquid, groaned in pain and red blisters bloomed on his arms and legs.
- Idiot - Snape growled at him, who cleaned the floor with one wave of his wand - Of course you added the porcupine quills before taking the cauldron off the fire, right? - Snape asked rhetorically
Neville began to sob as bubbles began to cover his face.
- Take him to the hospital wing - Snape growled to Anthony, who was brewing a potion with Hermione, and then went to Harry and Ron, who were working next to Neville.
- Potter... I'm talking to you. Why didn't you tell him not to add spikes? Did you think that if something didn't work out for him, you would benefit from it? This way you lost one more point for your house.
It was so blatantly unfair that Harry opened his mouth to object, but Ron kicked him discreetly.
- Don't provoke him - Ron muttered. -I've heard that Snape can be very unpleasant. - Ron whispers to him
After the Potions lesson ended, most people were dissatisfied. Harry and Eve were the most unhappy of the lessons.