the beginning of torture

So, if you've read my unhinged rants, you likely know, I fucking hate eminence in shadow with a burning passion. Because the writing is god awful, and the protagonist is thoroughly unlikeable.

To start, he's just delusional. He spends his entire first life trying to master magic, even smashing his head into a tree repeatedly to obtain omniscience. Now, he sees a light through the trees, he runs to it, thinking it must be magic.

No

Its a truck

He's now dead.
.
.
.
.
I'd be very happy if it just ended there.

But no, he gets Reincarnated. Anyway, surprise surprise, he's a genius at magic...

What do we call this boys? I'll give you a hint.

Rey palpatine.

But yeah, he's a genius at magic and could sense it from birth. Now, many may complain at the idea of geniuses being stupid, personally, I'm fine with it. They exist in the real world too, and they can make for fun reads as we watch them develop.

If we even saw him develop.

We know he trains, so he's technically not a rey. But still, are you serious? You don't show us any of this. His goal is genuinely just obnoxious anyway. He wants to become an eminence in shadow.

Do you know what that means?

No, no you fucking don't. I had to Google this shit, and it's just pretentious. He wants to be the person who manipulates everything from the shadows.
.
.
.
.
Yep

Very fun goal. Isn't it?

We're just watching a mentally ill person.

Thats it.

He's also just a psychopath. In the very first chapter, he jumps a bunch of bandits and ruthlessly murders them. For what reason you might ask?

To test his skills. Yep, he just murdered a bunch of people to test his skills.

And might I add, people in this are so fucking weak. He's 12, you get me? Yet a so called "master" swordsman gets bodied so easily. He then proceeds to loot their corpses like its dark souls, also stealing the money from the merchants cart. Who were killed by the bandits.

Now, his first case of Stockholm syndrome.

The elf woman.

So, at the camp he finds a "possessed" it's a condition that causes the subject to rot and die. They're usually handed in to the church and massacred. Now what does our good, moral and totally likeable protagonist do?

Why he definitely saves her?

Right? No, he doesn't do that John.

Like any rational human being, he promptly uses the still alive person for human experimentation.

Now, as the people on the Internet would say, that's pretty based. Definitely.
.
.
.
.
How do people like this shit?

Now, upon reverting her to normal.

This was entirely accidental remember.

He immediately asks her to be his follower. I know, very tactful. He says "would she be the eminence in shadows follower?"

Nobody talks like this man. Nobody.

Now, again, like the rational human being he is, cid immediately declared that her name is now alpha. What in the fuck? Yeah, she say she'd do anything to repay you, but re-naming her? That's very odd, cause she'd already have a name.

Now, he goes and spouts about stopping the demon Lords resurrection. Now, I don't particularly have an issue with this because it's a fairly common plot and unsurprising. But then, he starts spouting bullshit. Cid starts saying that those who are "possessed" are heroes descendants and that its caused by the "curse of diabolos".

Let us quickly establish the fallacy.

Why would the church kill them if that was the case? And secondly, why would he of all people, a 12 year old with no connections, know this?

He says this is because someone rewrote history. Again, this is clearly bullshit, why would he know this? Now, I don't mind the cult trying to revive the demon king, cause again, it's a very standard plot.

But what I again mind, is how the fuck does he know this? Cause yes, the cult exists, but how does he know? He doesn't have any connections, he's only 12. So he shouldn't know of them, guess what that means?

Bingo!

He's spouting bullshit.

He's talking straight out of his ass.

Now, cause of all this bullshit talk, he convinces alpha to Join him. I don't think I need to explain why this is basic manipulation.

And afterwards, his thoughts say everything was a lie. Now this shows two things, one, he's a piece of human garbage. Two, he's a complete moron. Because he clearly doesn't think ahead, as if the cult didn't exist, which a bullshit coincidence occurs and they do, but if it didn't, he has just manipulated someone into chasing after something that didn't exist, in which case would only cause him problems once they eventually realise it was a lie.

Now, that's the first chapter, and to anyone saying it's not human experimentation, in the same panel, he has a Hammer and saw in hand.

I'll try and make this a daily thing, as miserable as it makes me.