Continued Masochism

I'm gonna regret doing a second chapter, especially this soon.

But onto chapter two. And slight note, no, I was wrong about his age.

He was 10...

That makes it even worse. Anyways, alpha is the same age as him. But in this chapter his sister Claire was supposed to go to the academy but ends up being kidnapped. No issue there. Anyway, his dad trys to shirk any responsibility for not being able to prevent it, which normally I'd say fair enough.

If he wasn't a noble. As a noble, political opponents will target you... and guess what?

They'll target your family as well!

So it is partly his fault. His wife beats him, definitely funny. Definitely...

But is cid concerned by his sisters kidnapping? No, because he's a psychopath. He's more concerned as to whether he'll go bald like his dad. Another irritating issue is Cids egocentric view.

He constantly refers to others as background characters and that he's pretending to be a background character. I will again say, we are just reading about a mentally ill person. Now, he's already got another follower, no backstory yet.

I know you can do stuff offscreen, but with how questionable his indoctrination of Alpha was, I've got reason to be suspicious.

Anyway, they say the cult is suspicious as to whether she was a heroes descendant. So this shadowy cult randomly came out into the open, possibly compromising their secrecy for a single descendant?

Stupid.

Much like cid as he doesn't realise the cult genuinely exists. But its revealed that alpha picks up the followers like stray dogs and they have seven now.

And now I'll make comparison to another manga.

Mashle. The anime came out recently, but the easiest way of describing it is the protagonist getting by through doing inhumanely stupid things for inhumanely stupid reasons and getting away with it.

Why am I making this comparison? Because of how he locates his sister.

He throws a knife at a map. Declaring that the base they located is false and the knife showed where they'd taken his sister.

Once again, Cid kagenou is just a psychopath. Because his sisters life is at stake, and he fucks about. Not showing a droplet of concern. Now surprise surprise, this man has King levels of luck. But its not done funnily like king.

Its just inhumanely stupid.

The best comparison to make is overlord, of which Ainz will say something without thinking and his servants make it a reality.

Cid proudly declares his intent, somehow it actually works. That's not smart or funny. It's just bad writing.

Off they go to rescue his sister and this muppet still doesn't realise.

Its times like these where you question how this bullshit was proof read and they said "this is good! It's great!" No, it's quite frankly not.

Anyway, his sister Claire is chained up, bog standard 1 dimensional villain comes in, the prideful Claire insults him and he tries to kick her, Claire dodges. Anyway, she says about how she learnt from cid that magic is dependent on how you use it, not how much you have.

Also claims to learn something from cid every spar, despite him trying to act as average as possible. To put it simply, she's bullshitting.

If you give a monkey a typewriter, are your writing skills going to improve by watching him?

Anyway, turns out that cid intentionally cured her from "possession". This makes the entire first chapter make no sense. Why experiment on alpha? You accidentally cured her, when you could've done it intentionally.

Wow boys, rey palpatine in the flesh. But yeah, villain says they'll go after her brother, so the brocon rips her flesh from the shackles to attack him. She threatens him and he bodies her.

Then all of his guards have been slaughtered. And it turns out the possession and heroes descendants thing was actually true. Again...

Shit writing.

This is contrived as shit, its just stupid. Anyway, alpha and the others lightly injured the fodder villain, might I add, he's a "master swordsman" as well. Definitely, no issues, no development. They're just rey.

Anyway, he escapes, but alpha says he's up ahead. Beta dick-rides cids stupidity as usual, and cid proudly says that he lost alpha and the others. Wow, this is the main character folks. He can't follow people.

What...?

Anyways, guy enhances his body with magic and swings at cid. I now need to remind you, this villain is a full grown man, Cid is 13.

Cid stops his blade with a finger. Yeah, he's wearing his special slime suit. It's just so... so stupid.

And because cid is a Gary stu, he's also very good at hand to hand combat, I know, this is some Oscar worthy writing.

But you know, this is eminence in shadow so this full grown man dopes on magical drugs like he's Jack hanma, but cid is still better. What's the point? It's like mashle's opening chapter, you've already established there'll be no threat him. So what's the point?

Its just bad writing.

Anyway, guy dies, we get a slight bit of his sad backstory. And next scene. Yep. Not even gonna go over that. Now cid is unbothered and then Claire goes to the academy.

Here we see Cids pure stupidity again as he still believes the cult is role-playing and doesn't understand that they are murdering people.

Ladies and gentlemen... and basketballs.

Psychopath.

Cid swears to become the eminence in shadow, then the chapter ends.

God i wanna throat a shotgun reading this.

Thats chapter two

I might sleep now.