why do i do this?

Just woke back up, got two and a half hours of sleep. I'm just gonna get this chapter out of the way.

So, starting the next chapter, he's ranting in his own head about how the eminence in shadow needs to a mob character. Its just not interesting. It feels like you're watching someone with schizophrenia trying to function adequately within society.

But yeah, it's clear he holds life at no value as he even refers to bystanders as "mobs" which is just a delusional outlook. This isn't funny. It's just annoying. If someone was to act like this in real life, they'd be jumped in an alley the moment they speak.

But moving on, turns out he did a bet with his "friends" that whoever gets the lowest grade will get a penalty. Now, this penalty is asking the academies idol out. So Cid being the complete dumbass that he is, doesn't try harder to prevent this bet? This could quickly lead to being a social outcast at the slightest thing going wrong, or as it happens, she accepts.

Oh dear, the consequences of my actions.

Leading up to this in classic Cid fashion, he's very excited saying that getting shot down is the perfect mob character act. Maybe so, but it can also go awfully wrong.
.
.
.
I just read the panel, "make it sound like a question to express a lack of confidence". What? When is a confession not a question? At the end of the day, you're either asking them to go on a date with you, or to be your partner.

Its always a question. The fuck is this warped world view?

Now, when I watched the anime, Alexia was my favourite. Simply because, she's more likeable that Cid and treated him like a dog. Watching the anime of this, was the most miserable experience in my life. I didn't finish it, but can calmly say that I'd rather have throated a shotgun than watch that shit.

Anyways, Alexia accepts and Cid freaks the fuck out asking when did he become a Romcom protagonist. Once again, his egocentric view is not amusing in the slightest. When it comes to characters that have an egocentric view, there are two main routes to take it.

A: Extreme arrogance, e.g. gilgamesh

B: insane. Can't think of any examples rn, but Cid is closer to insane than anything else.

But its not done well, cause he's clearly supposed to be sane.

Cids friends, in the next scene, start malding that she accepted him. And being the petulant child that he is, he's about to throw a fit now that he's standing out. Anyways, he acts like a complete asshole to her by just stealing her food in an attempt to try and get her to break up with him.

Normally you'd ask, why doesn't he just do it? Figure it out yourself. It's pretty simple.

The two got to train together at Alexia's recommendation, Alexia gets annoyed at his plainly ordinary style which knowing her backstory is understandable as she's always been inferior to her talented sister. His swordsmanship, as shit as it is, reminds her of her own inadequacy and inferiority.

This infuriates me, cause it shows the author cab write well, but doesn't. We also meet her instructor who is seemingly nice at first. At first. I watched to like episode 13, and so I know what goes on. I'll go over it when I get to it.

But yeah, Alexia accepted Cid to prolong her arranged marriage with her instructor. Odd, very odd. But its a medieval society so it's not out of place.

Anyway, cid calls her our for "toying with his heart" Upon realising the reasoning. Alexia fires back by saying he's one to talk for asking her out as part of a penalty game. She was told by one of his friends, because cid seems to not understand that his close friends are doormats to beautiful women.

If Alexia told them to such the others dick, they'd probably do it.

Anyways, I wasn't sure that I'd like Alexia in the manga, but I can say I do. Because she reasonably throws his own actions back into his face, manipulating him with threat of becoming a social outcast. And Cid gets mad that she was pulling an act the whole time.
.
..
...
....
Hypocrite.

But cid argues he's just a barons son, and asks why she's against the arranged marriage. Alexia points out that it's a clear facade cause no one is perfect. Fair enough, even calls Cid predictable scum.

I agree with the scum part, but I'd have an easier time predicting which minecraft YouTuber will be the next to groom a child. Now Alexia is actually reasonable and willing to pay him for doing this and pretending to be her boyfriend.

Alexia drops the money on the ground, and cid asks whether he's the kind of man who can be bought.

Alexia clearly responds that he is. Next panel he's crouched and picking them up saying damn straight.

Credit where credit is due, I can see this being funny to people.

Despite how predictable this is. We've previously seen him loot corpses to fund his organisation. That was two chapters ago.

Moving on, Alexia intends to treat him like a dog, which I like. Because I don't like cid. Seeing him being treated awfully is cathartic. He immediately claims to be no dog...

She throws a coin and he chases after it proclaiming that it wasn't the money that made him bite.

Thats the end of that chapter, and if the next chapter is what I think it is, I'm gonna have a lot to say about this bullshit.

Now, goodbye.