1. Introduction to my life

When I was born, it went something like this:

Darkness. I felt no emotions. I couldn't see anything. Twisted eerie light appeared before my eyes. Then pain. A scream. A shriek. Then I entered the world.

Yeah. That's pretty much it. I'm a 'Shift spirit'. I don't know if that name rings a bell in your mind, but for me it does. I have a beginning of my life, but never an end. I can't die. Not even if the world is over.

My purpose is simple; I shift into different bodies every day. I don't choose to do it. It just happens randomly. I'm different every time I wake up, all the way until I go back to sleep. My body changes over night. The creature who has that body that I shift into has their life paused for one day. Once the day is over, they return to normal, remembering everything that they said and did. The only difference that I make is doing something that will change their future.

So I'm keeping a 'diary' which humans sometimes use to keep track of their lives. To write down how they feel, blah blah blah, emotions, human things, love, blood, tears, etc, etc. But this is going to be different. Each day you will know about the body I am in. It could be boy or girl. It could even be an animal. Or, a creature from a different planet that humans call 'aliens'.

To have the body of a puny mortal is very frustrating. You have weak bones and a poor structure. Thin, pointless skin that is absolutely useless. It can easily be damaged. And it draws blood, which is red and thick. It just oozes out. For no reason.

The body of an animal is quite different. You can hunt, you can play, depending on what age or what species. You might say that my life is interesting. But it isn't after a while.

I have friends. Sometimes I see them around. It's very unlikely, but when I do, we gossip about how much we hate our bodies. We even make fun of them. Like I said, it's very unlikely.

What I'm doing in the present is telling you the introduction to my life. It might seem boring and you'll probably want to skip this silly talk. But trust me, things are going to seem more...shall we say 'normal'. Yes, I like it. Normal it is.