54 | The Date

DIANA
***

I skimmed my hands over the satin material of the dress, never imagining I'd find myself in something so elegant. Yet, here I am.

Dante surprised me with a beautiful black evening dress from Valentino. Elegantly reaching just above my ankles, the dress had a halter design with a cowl neck. I wore the dress with black platform heels and diamond stud earrings. The voluminous chestnut curls of my hair cascaded over my shoulders, shiny and bouncy as ever. I adorned my wrist with the sparkling diamond bracelet Dante had given me the night before. Looking over my makeup in the mirror, I felt proud. I settled for a 70s glamour look – A blend of black to brown eyeshadow with a hint of shimmer, a burgundy lip, and mascara that emphasized my eye shape.

I skimmed over myself once more before grabbing my purse and leaving my room.

At the bottom of the steps, I caught sight of Dante, checking his watch. Making my way down the large staircase, the loud click of my heels made my presence known.

Looking up from his watch, Dantestudied my appearance, his lips slightly parted. Once I reached a step where I was barely towering over him, I stopped.

"How do I look?" I asked.

His gaze lingered. "One word couldn't capture how stunning you look tonight, principessa." He leaned in and placed a single kiss on the apple of my cheek, spreading a tingling sensation.
(Princess)

"Thank you." A flush of heat crept up my neck.

"You don't look too bad yourself," I attempted to make my tone sound unaffected and casual but the way Dante peered over at me showed that he knew I was affected by his simple but moving words. "And I see you're still trying to copy me."

The dips in his cheeks appeared as he chuckled, slightly ducking his head. I wondered if he knew how adorable he looked when he smiled. I tilt my head, marveling at his flawless appearance.

Dante adorned himself in a sleek black suit, a few of the buttons of his black shirt were unbuttoned showing off his golden cross necklace.

The feeling of being admired by him always made my heart flutter. He offered his hand and without another thought, I took it. He guided me farther away from the staircase. I realized even in platform heels, he stood taller than me.

"I have a question for you, " he hummed in response, allowing me to continue, "Are you Christian?"

"Roman Catholic." He corrected.

As we walked, I turned slightly to gauge his expressions as I asked questions. "If we were ever to have children, would you want them to be Catholic?"

"Preferably, yes."

"I thought you didn't want children." He shot me an amused look.

"I did too, but I've changed my mind."

He nodded and in my peripheral, I could see that my response pleased him by the small barely noticeable quirk on his lips. I rested my head on his shoulder but picked it back up quickly when I saw a limousine parked perfectly on the vast driveway.

"A limousine, really, Dante?"

My question was met with no response and a satisfied smirk on Dante's face. All he did was open the door for me to get in and I marveled at the interior of the limousine.

The interior of the limousine was adorned in black leather, softly illuminated by ambient lighting. A subtle fragrance of leather and cologne wavered in the air.