Return of The Hydro Archon (1/3)

A day had just gone by, wasted even, for there were no results in the research institution. Even though "she" for the past 500 years, had long known the outcome, "she" still hasn't given up.

The hopeless girl sighed, looking up at the garnished ceilings—filled with an array of depictions of the "god" she was supposed to be.

Her mind circled around the question, "How much longer?", though, naturally, there was no response.

She began to tear, one droplet at a time until a voice called to her.

"Lady Furina?" A deep male voice called.

Furina's hair spiked up, hastily wiping the tears away. "Come in!"

The man walked in, bowing to the girl. "Good evening Lady Furina, I apologize for the sudden intrusion."

"It's all good my loyal subject, now tell me, what do you need me, the Hydro Archon, the God of Justice for?"

I wish I could be freed from this act, surely I will someday, right?

"Thank you for your benevolence, Lady Furina," the frail man began. "Monsieur Neuvillette had noticed that the sea level has risen quite a bit recently..."

He looked back up at Furina, as if he's pleading for her to do something. Though, in the "god's" eyes, there was nothing she could do. To other people, Furina is merely a figurehead authority; but to others, she is a true god. She, however, has the desire to save her people, except this time the so-called "justice" will be delivered to her by Celestia themselves.

"I am aware of the prophecy taking place." Furina said sternly, giving the messenger a frown. "And I, of course, already have a solution to this 'prophecy'."

The Hydro Archon lifted her chin, making her appear more intimidating. Deep down, she is aware that all of this is just an act, there is no "God of Justice'' residing inside of their Archon's vessel— there is only Furina.

"Ah, yes," he replied. "What might that plan be, Lady Furina?"

"It's uh," Furina stuttered, looking away to appear as if she was thinking. "It's confidential."

A feeling of disappointment swept across the man's face, yet it seems like he expected this answer.

"That's alright, Lady Furina." He bowed, turning to the door. "I apologize again for the intrusion, hope you have a lovely day."

The door was shut, leaving Furina to herself again. As she was about to continue sobbing her sorrows away, a familiar female voice echoed through the room.

"Furina, Furina~"

The soft sniffles of the hopeless girl stopped.

"Who are you?!" She yelled, looking around the room. "Stalking a person, especially the Hydro Archon, is a serious crime in Fontaine!"

"Is this how humans normally react to supernatural beings?" The mysterious girl chuckled. "Furina, remember me?~"

"That voice.." Furina's eyes widened as she noticed the mirror. "Mirror me!"

"Haha, so you do remember me."

Seeing the genuine Hydro Archon appear right before her eyes, Furina could not contain her excitement.

Does that mean I can finally be free?

"Did you find a way to solve this prophecy?" Furina asked, hoping that she doesn't have to continue this role any longer.

Focalors could only smile at her. "Yes, one has indeed found the breakthrough to this catastrophe."

"Really?!" She hollered in excitement; Focalors could see a glimmer of hope in her eyes, rather she could see herself in Furina.

"I, the Hydro Archon Focalors, shall grant Furina peace from now on. You are released from your position as the God of Justice," she said in a soothing voice.

Furina closed her eyes, and once she opened them again, it was not her that was present, but the Hydro Archon.