Wavering Flood of Sins (3/3)

"Is this the end?
Or is it my time to make amends?
The role I've played,
I shall take it down to my grave.
Deceit is a fierce tool,
For the people of Fontaine are fools.
The curtains shall fall,
The finale calls.
The sinner's crimes will be flushed,
For the saint will be crushed."

-

Whispers and murmurs coursed through the crowd. People began questioning the Archon's well-being, as she hadn't been present for the past few days, especially with Fontaine's rising water level. Navia, an affluent lady of Spina de Rosa, chose to step up and prepare for the crisis that would strike upon them.

With the help of Clorinde and Wriothesley, the blonde gathered everyone in Opera Epiclese.

"Alright, guys, settle down!" She announced, trying to gain the people's attention while silencing the mob.

They turned their heads to Navia, wondering if Neuvillette was also present with her. The girl noticed their bewildered glances towards the stage and came up with an explanation to clear the audience's skepticism.

"It'll be only me up on the stage today. And with some of my comrades, of course!" She nodded at Clorinde and Wriothesley, and they did the same back. "As many of you may have noticed, Lady Furina and Monsieur Neuvillette have been missing for the past few days. This is a growing concern, especially with the increase in water levels."

She waved her hand, signaling Clorinde to bring her the documents she had gathered since the Hydro Archon's absence.

"We have planned out an evacuation plan to ensure everyone's safety. I will–"

Navia's sentence was cut off by the sound of rippling tides emerging beneath the surface. Everyone was in a panic. Some attempted to break down the door of the Opera House, while others hugged their loved ones, saying their final goodbyes before the prophecy came to life. The blonde motioned the duo to execute plan C: emergency evacuation. Wriothesley had been renovating the steamship found in the lower levels of the Fortress of Meropide. Although the ship was still in testing, there was no other choice due to the sudden occurrence of the prophecy.

"Do you think it'll work?" Navia asked Wriothesley as they approached the backdoor of the Opera House.

"I guess we'll have to find out." He replied.

However, a gentle voice echoing through the courtroom quickly stopped their efforts to reach the fortress.

"No need to worry, my children."

A surge of water torrents began to arise from the ground. Amongst the chaos appeared the Hydro Archon, floating midair with water particles dripping under her feet. She smiled softly, reaching out her hand as she summoned a pleasant shower of rain, accompanied by an angelic breeze of wind.

The tides of water began to lower back to their original state. Oddly enough, the people who were submerged in the primordial water did not dissolve.

Focalors seems to be pleased with the outcome, lowering herself down to the ground.

The people of Fontaine were stunned since the god they once deemed useless actually saved their mortal lives.

"Oh, Focalors!" One of them kneeled down, praying to the Archon. "We will be forever indebted to your benevolence!"

Another person followed along, and soon enough, everyone else was worshiping their Archon.

She awkwardly chucked, unaccustomed to such praise.

"You all have my gratitude. From now on, I shall be the lead actress in this play, as Neuvillette will be taking a long-term break." Focalors lifted her head, glaring at the ceiling above while imagining Fontaine's future—"A samsara of plays, in fact."