Chapter 1

With a painful groan, Xie Wuqing's eyes shot open. An unbelievable expression flashed in her eyes as she found herself not in the afterlife, but somewhere else entirely. She was lying on the ground, her body aching but alive.

She could hardly believe it. She had thrust her own sword into her heart and had felt the life drain out of her as she fell from the cliff. She should have been dead. And yet, here she was, alive and breathing.

Confusion and disbelief warred within her. Had she been saved? Or was this some sort of cruel trick? She didn't know.

As Xie Wuqing slowly sat up, she took in her surroundings. She was in an unfamiliar forest, the air filled with the scent of damp earth and the sound of rustling leaves. It was peaceful, a stark contrast to the chaos and betrayal she had just experienced.

She was supposed to be dead. Everyone knew that no one survived after falling from the Cliff of Death. And yet, here she was, very much alive. She touched the spot where she had thrust her sword into her heart, expecting to feel a wound, but there was nothing. Just smooth, unbroken skin.

"Why am I alive?" she whispered to herself, her voice barely audible. "How did I survive?"

She didn't have the answers. She didn't know why she was alive, or how she had ended up in this forest, but she knew that she couldn't waste this opportunity.

The next moment, she finally realized something strange around her body. Her body felt different, lighter, and smaller. She looked down, her eyes widening in shock as she saw a pair of skinny, small hands. Her hands.

She quickly scanned the rest of her body, her heart pounding in her chest. Her once mature body was now small and frail, like that of a child. She touched her face, her fingers tracing the smooth, youthful skin. She was young again.

"No... it can't be..." she muttered, her voice filled with disbelief. But the evidence was right there, undeniable and shocking.

She didn't survive the fatal fall from the Cliff of Death, but has been reborn instead! Her body returned to its youthful state!

A mix of emotions washed over her - confusion, disbelief, and astonishment. But amidst all that, there was also a glimmer of hope. She had been given a second chance, a chance to start over, to change her fate.

With a deep breath, Xie Wuqing clenched her small hands into fists. She didn't know why this had happened, or what it meant, but she knew one thing for sure - she wouldn't waste this second chance. She would fight, and she would survive, no matter what.

But as Xie Wuqing looked at her small, youthful hands, a troubling question began to form in her mind. Whose body was this? She was certain this wasn't her own body from her childhood. The features were different, the feel was different.

She ran her hands over her arms, and her legs, trying to find something familiar, something that could tell her whose body she was in. But everything was unfamiliar, everything was different.

"Whose body is this?" her voice filled with confusion.

She was in a body that wasn't hers, in a place she didn't recognize. It was like she had been thrown into a completely different life.

Despite her bafflement, Xie Wuqing knew she couldn't let this situation overwhelm her. Sooner or later, she would find out whose body this was, and why she was here.

Silence besieged her and then all of a sudden, there was a rush of memories flooded her mind. They were strange, unfamiliar, like glimpses into someone else's life. She saw faces she didn't recognize, places she had never been to, and events she had never experienced.