chapt 2 | first day

Mackenzie's Outfit for Day 1

"Get up Jackie!" I yell, I was not wanting to be late to our first day of school, especially if this means having to walk

Jackie gets up and quickly gets dressed, "I'll meet you down stairs, please hurry!" I run downstairs, just quickly enough to be able to eat breakfast, but I wasn't hungry, at all.

"Goodmorning Kenzi," Katherine says handing me a plate of food, "I'm actually-" she stops me, "eat it, and hurry cause Cole will be driving everyone to school." I nod, taking a bite of my food. "Thank you Katherine," she nods and smiles at me, "Morning Jackie, I'll see you tonight!" Then she rushes out the door.

"Come on guys, we gotta get there soon," Cole says and walks out the door, "here," I hand Jackie an apple. "Thanks Kenz," I smile, rushing her out the door. "Is it like this every morning?" I laugh, "unfortunately."

The car door opens and Alex jumps out, inviting us in, we jump into the car and he climbs in after us, closing the door as Cole quickly takes off. Cole has definitely changed, he acts much differently, we used to be so close, and I think that it's still there, just not as strong as it used to be,

***

"We have a full car today, no inviting random ass cheerleaders Isaac got it?" He rolls his eyes but agrees, "we leave at 3:30 sharp, no later." Everyone quickly leaves, "3:30!" He yells again, everyone yells, "yes we get it!!"

Everyone was out of the car, leaving just Jackie and I, "hey are you okay..?" I ask worryingly. She closes her eyes tightly, taking in a deep breath, "if you're not up for this we can just go back to the house, I can call George." She shakes her head, "no. We have to, for mom."

I smile, mom always wanted us to be with Katherine, it was very very known.

"Okay let's go," I lift my hand, sticking out my pinky, she does the same and we intertwine them, kissing next to our thumbs. It was our hand shake, our way to tell each other it'll be okay.

We quickly get out of the car, and our first look at the new school, Jackie shivers. "Hey it'll be alright," I hear Nathan say. God bless him he's the sweetest.

"I can show you where your classes are," Nathan says to Jackie, "really?" He nods, leading her to the entrance. I look at the floor, annoyed, I hated that I couldn't be with Jackie. She was only a freshman while I was a junior.

"Hey I've got you," I hear Danny say from beside me, I sigh, "thank you." He smiles, propping his shoulder out and gesturing it towards me. I giggle, wrapping my arm into his.

"So.. you're gonna be my tour?" He laughs, "I'll show you where first period is and then obviously second and third. And then we'll meet up at lunch and see what happens from there."

I nod, "sounds great."

We walk down a long hallway, he leads me to class 2b. "God I didn't realize how terrifying this was." He laughs. "You'll do great. Have fun, I will see you in an hour and a half."