Miscarriage & Nightmare

Warner's POV:

We're laying down on our bed, I stroke her hair softly and whisper reassuring words to her. Her head is on my chest as she continues to sob, leaving my shirt wet with salty tears. "It's okay, love." I try to convince her as she slowly mumbles something,

"No, it's not alright, you must be so disappointed in me..." She says in between sobs and I just continue trying to comfort her.

"No, I'm not. It's alright," I frowned slightly. I don't like seeing her cry. It makes my heart ache seeing water come out of her eyes. My hand wanders from her hair to her face, and I gently wipe off some of her tears.

After awhile, I feel her quiet down and her breathing became more steady. She must've fallen herself to sleep. I gently carry her head off me, and tuck her into bed. I get up and turn off the lights, and then I walk into my office, not closing the door fully.

--
Juliette's POV:

"Aaron?" I shout out to him. He was standing far away. We were both in a grass field, flowers everywhere beneath my feet. I run up to him, and he turns to me with a look of... Pity, and fear. Is he scared of something? Then, he falls to the ground.

"You did this." Were his last words, before he stops breathing. I looked at my hands, covered in blood and I was holding a knife. His clothes were covered in blood. His words echo in my brain non-stop.

"Stop, stop, STOP!"

I wake up panting, more tears stream down my cheeks. Was that really a nightmare? It felt too real. I turn my head to the empty side of the bed next to me. I sat up, and looked at the time, it was 11:04 PM. I was really asleep long, huh? My throat feels dry, and the closest to water is in Aaron's office. The light was in, which means that he was inside probably doing work.

I walk into the bathroom first to wash my face. My eyes are puffy and red from crying. I sigh and walk to Aaron's office and knock a few times.

--
Aaron's POV:

Someone knocks on my door. It's Juliette, I can sense that. "Come in, love." She walks in, and I can feel that something is terribly wrong. Her back is faced to me, as if she doesn't want me to see her. "What's wrong, sweetheart?" She doesn't answer. She's been crying, again. I walk up to her and hug her from behind, whispering in her ear,

"You can tell me everything, I know what you're feeling." She sighs, and turns around, digging her face into me. I tilt her head up, I was right. She was crying again. "What's wrong?" I ask for the second time.

"I just had a nightmare," she mumbles, "I don't want to talk about it. I'm just here for water. I'm sorry for disturbing you." I lead her to the couch and sit her down, pulling a small, thin knitted blanket on her as I go off to get water. I come back with water, and give it to her. She takes it gratefully and chugs it down.

"Alright, I'll take you back to bed."
"No, I want to stay here with you for a while. Please?"
"Alright, love. Anything for you."

I put a pillow under her head, and tucked her in with the blanket. Kissing her forehead, I walk back to my desk after making sure that she's fast asleep.

--
Juliette's POV:

I feel much better now that I'm close to him. The room lingers in his Cologne, gardenias. I smile softly, completely forgetting about everything as I fall fast asleep. After what felt like only a few minutes, I feel Aaron carrying me back into our room in some sort of bridal style. I bury my head into him, refusing to let go as he tries to settle me down. His quiet chuckling makes my heart flutter. He finally gives up, and gets into bed with me.

"I love you, Aaron," I murmur quietly as he pulls the blanket over us.

"I love you too. Go to sleep, love," he replies and settles down next to me. He pulls my head into him, and I smile, going to sleep knowing that he is there.

--

I don't wanna look at anything else now that I saw you,
I don't wanna think of anything else now that I thought of you
I've been sleeping so long in a 20-year dark night,
And now I see daylight, I only see daylight

- Daylight by Taylor Swift

--

784 words. Thank you for reading!