I Love You, It's Ruining My Life

Juliette's POV:

"Adam! Maybe we could go to this park together and-"

"For goodness sakes, Jul, I have work today."

"Oh, okay."

--

He slams the door shut behind him, and walks into a separate room. Ever since he came home reeking of perfume and alcohol, I've been questioning his loyalty to me. Of course, I still loved him. But he was acting strange. He never told me how much he loved me anymore.

I'm so attention seeking, he had always said in response whenever I complained. He said it so often I started believing him. Naturally, any normal girl would break up with a toxic relationship like this, but I had nowhere else to go. I was suffocating in my own home, with my boyfriend.

He started sleeping in a different room, too. He excused it as 'laziness' to walk to our room, though it was only down the hallway. I wasn't an idiot. If someone cheats on you, it's not worth crying over them. I had expected this too, it was already obvious, yet I was so blinded by 'love' from him that I'd just ignored the aching feeling in my stomach whenever he came home smelling different once every few days.

--

"Haha, sure. I'd love to," I smile brightly as I hang up the call. Kenji invited me for ice cream since we rarely saw each other anymore. Our significant others always kept us away from hanging out like real friends.

Ice cream was- no, it is my comfort food. I would eat it when I felt down, but recently I didn't have the money to buy it. Kenji said he'd treat me for once.

"So, how's Adam?" Kenji asked me hopefully. The last time I talked about my relationship with him, I explained that I was feeling skeptical.

"It's not going too well."

--

"Juliette, I specifically told you not to hangout with Kenji a few days ago!" Adam yelled once he realized where I've been. This was my final straw.

You're a selfish, cheating bastard and you don't deserve me!

I wish I had the courage to say that, but I held it down. Instead, I walked straight to my room, and started packing up. I took my favourite clothes, a sweater, some toiletries, and I shove them into a bag.

"I'm breaking up with you,"

"What?"

"I love you, it's ruining my life!"

--

I knock on the door twice. It takes a while, but a familiar blond, green-eyed boy answers.

"Juliette-"

"Aaron."

He straightens, and then steps aside. Allowing me inside. I walk inside with a small think you, and he closes the door behind me.

"Why are you here, love?"

He whispers, and I can feel his breath on my neck. I had forgotten how he could make me lose control so easily. It had been too long away from him.

"It's been awhile, I wanted to talk." I turn around and smile at him, he gives me a grin in return as he leads us further into his house. We settle on his couch.

"Are you hungry? Thirsty? I'll get you something." I politely shake my head no, I just needed comfort, for now. I feel too sick in my stomach to even think about food, nor eat.

It takes a minute of silence for him to understand the look in my eyes. He walks over to me, and brings me k to his soft, yet protective imbrace.

--

Ever since I jumped out the window with Adam, I slowly started regretting it day by day. He had been more distant, angry, and cold, I didn't understand until he started getting less sly, more secretive. He used to tell me about his day, and when he suddenly started telling me he had no time, it would have already been too obvious.

"I wish I didn't jump out that window, the other day, " I whisper to him, and he places a soft kiss on the crown of my head. He smells comforting. Like gardenias. A flower I never knew he loved. I still don't know anything about him, yet I trust him with my life.

--

This chapter is a bit confusing, and I think I dislike it more than the other ones I wrote.

Here's an explanation of the whole story if you didn't understand:

Adam and Juliette escaped out the window of the sanctuary to escape Warner, and decided to start living together. Everything seemed perfect, until Adam started getting less affectionate.

When Juliette finds out what Adam has secretly been doing behind her back, she breaks up with him and runs to the first person she could think of:

Warner.

Please let me know what you think of this part, and I appreciate all the support given!

--
Song:

Fortnight - Taylor Swift
The Tortured Poets Department

And I love you, it's ruining my life
I love you, it's ruining my life