Chapter 16

(Sweater Weather - slowed + reverb • omgkirby)

Hyunjin woke up with someone stroking his face. "Felix, stawp." He mumbled, as he turned his back to his now giggling lover.
"Sorry I just wanted to touch your face." Felix chuckled. He placed a kiss on Hyunjin's forehead before asking:
"Want me to help you downstairs?"
"What?"Hyunjin laughed, still sleepy. "You think you can carry me?"
Felix laughed. "I think you're underestimating me, baby." He said seductively.
Hyunjin suppressed a creeping blush as he was trying to sit up. "I mean you could try, but I'm pretty heavy." He said with a smirk plastering his face.

Felix stood up from Hyunjin's cozy bed and said: "So you're getting on my back or what?" He chuckled. Hyunjin finally managed to sit up without straining his back, and nodded.
Felix helped Hyunjin throw his legs over the bed side and bucked down to lift him on his back.
"Are you sure you can do this?" Hyunjin asked nervously. "I don't want you straining your back or me falling."
Felix placed a quick kiss on Hyunjin's lips and without giving an answer he lifted Hyunjin on his back with ease.
"Heavy my ass." He said, while Hyunjin quickly slapped his arms around his lover to prevent himself from falling.

"Just please don't drop me!" He asked nervously. Felix hummed as he walked out of the room, towards the stairs.
Felix went down really slowly with a scared Hyunjin on his back and now hurting back, though he didn't want to admit it to the elder. It seemed like an eternity but they made it unharmed.
They finally reached the bottom of the stairs and Felix quickly rushed over to the couch to carefully drop Hyunjin on it. He let out a big sigh before sitting down next to him.

"I was too heavy wasn't I?" Hyunjin asked. Felix shook his head. He hadn't slept all night to be honest. He had been watching Hyunjin all the time to make sure he was alright.
"Felix you look tired, did you even sleep?" Hyunjin asked worriedly. Felix nodded, though apparently not persuasive enough.

"You're a bad liar." Hyunjin chuckled grimly.
"Better than a constant liar." Felix said, and Hyunjin agreed to that.
Mr. Hwang came downstairs with his pyama still on and was surprised to see his son and Felix down there already.
"Oh you're awake already?" He asked.

Hyunjin nodded, and Felix let his head fall onto Hyunjin, feeling the stress he had been holding into the past two weeks slowly deep out of his body, replacing itself with exhaustion.
"Yeah Felix carried me downstairs." Hyunjin chuckled.
Mr. Hwang looked at them confused for a moment.
"Wait, how did you do that?" He asked in pure surprise.
"I'm strong I guess." Felix laughed.

"Well Felix." Hyunjin dropped his hand on Felix's thigh. "Guess we'll have to get ready for school, don't you think?" He said cheerfully despite his condition.

Both Mr. Hwang and Felix went quiet. "What?" Hyunjin asked, looking at them confused.
"Hyunjin don't you think it's better to stay home today?" Felix asked, a bit tentative. "I mean you know... with your legs and such."
"But I want to see my friends." He said, feeling a bit childish.
"I understand but you just came out of the hospital." Mr. Hwang said.

Hyunjin was about to argue back when Ms. Hwang came walking down the stairs too.
"What are you all arguing about that you have to wake me up?" She asked a bit groggily.
"Sorry mom."
"Hyunjin wants to go to school." Mr. Hwang said. Ms. Hwang looked up in surprise.
"That's for the first time." She joked.

"Mom I really don't want to be stuck here the entire day!" Hyunjin whined.
"But sweetie you're still recovering." Ms. Hwang said, already heading to the kitchen to make breakfast. "But if you really want to go I could bring you two with my car." She said.

Hyunjin noticed his father wanting to protest more but Felix was already talking.
"Hyunjin do you really think you can do it?" Felix said, carefully putting his hand on his thigh.
Hyunjin nodded. "Well then!" Felix jumped up. "I'll get your wheelchair." He walked out of the room to get the damn chair on wheels Hyunjin was bound to for god knows how long.