Chapter 13

"I see your highness." I greeted.

"Tell me about what you said earlier."

"What did I say earlier, your highness?" I tilted my head, acting as innocent as I could.

"Unless you want to be executed."

"I was kidding, your highness. I was talking to myself earlier that if I would resign, I will totally miss my job here in the palace." I covered it up with a smile.

"That's not what I heard."

This smart little sh't.

I knelt in front of him as if I was praising hallelujah. "Please forgive me, your highness! It just slipped out of my mouth!"

Surely acting like this would be enough to lessen that pride of his.

"I can't believe this- get up."

I got up as he said and smiled at him. "Thank you, your highness. You are very kind. May you be blessed with a thousand years ahead."

He didn't say anything but strangely enough, he seemed to be staring at my face.

'Are my eyebags that obvious?'

Suddenly, he walked closer towards me, not leaving a space for me to step backwards. We were like only a few inches away from each other.

*Gulp*

"You."

"Yes!"

"..Your neck is bleeding."

"Yes!... What?"

"Who did that?"

"Ah- this? It's paint, your highness." I brushed it off, thinking that he would have the same reaction as his little naive sister.

"I know blood when I see one, maid. I'm not stupid."

"Oh. Right, it is blood. Thank you for recognizing it." I sarcastically said. "And my name is Lily, your highness. Not "maid"."

"I didn't ask."

"I apologize." I bowed after realizing my mistake.

"You're quite funny." The crown prince giggled.

"...."

'Which part was funny?'

When will I ever have a sane conversation in this world?

Ah, right. I did have one with Argon that time. I haven't seen him recently.

I wonder what he's up to now.

"I have to go now, your highness. I still have to prepare a bath for the princess."

"Go to the clinic."

"But-"

"If I'm not mistaken, you're not the only maid of the princess. I will call others to assist her. Now go clean that wound."

Oh my.

So far, I think he's the second person after Argon who's in the right mind in this world. I take back my words earlier.

This crown prince is different from the naive heroine. Tho I still can't trust him since he might have that sister complex and stuff and might kill me later on.

But still, he's shown a tiny bit of concern for a pathetic side character like me. Impressive.

"I understand, your highness. I will heed your order."

Caught off guard, the prince suddenly grabbed my hand and gave me a clean handkerchief.

The cliché of things appearing out of nowhere is currently here at the moment.