Act 3: CT-1409

Gif by hamelinsnightmare on Tumblr

  "Crosshair, come on! We're heading to the cyber center!" Glitch shouts from slightly ahead. He casts one more glance at the ridge seeing no one there before walking towards the rest of the group.

~/⚜️/~

  "Yeah yeah..." Crosshair shouts back as he stalks to follow his comrades. Glitch hangs back to walk with her brother.
  "Was that who I think it was?" she asks slyly as Cross catches up to her. He only shakes his head slightly and twittles with a new toothpick.
  "Why was she here? It's not like we asked her to come. Wait...did you ask her to come?!" the blonde asked turning to look at Crosshair.
  "Tsk...Shev'la only does what Shev'la wants," Crosshair replies sharply giving Glitch a gentle glare.
  Glitch giggles as she peers over to drag her eyes across the ridge as she and Crosshair walk. He looks too hoping to catch a glimpse of his Mandalorian friend. However, their focus is turned when the group starts shouting about how they were going into the woods.
  "Shall we?" Glitch asks as she gestures snidely in the other's direction. Crosshair smirks walking over with Glitch close behind.

~/⚜️/~

  "Everyone! We're stopping here for the night!" Rex says as he quickly goes to Kix to help him with Cody. The others wander over to some fallen trees and sit down. Hunter however walks a further distance away.
  "Allow me to help you, Kix," Glitch says walking over to the two clones in blue hovering over Cody. Kix jolts up looking to the sandy blonde who was gently smiling at him. Rex only sits there by Cody, unsure as to what to do.
  "Uh-Thanks! Can you please get me a 50 milligram dose of painkiller from my pack? It should be..." Kix begins to say but is interrupted.
  "Marked by a large purple stripe, I know my way around a medkit Kix," she snidely replies smirking as she hands him the syringe.
  "Glitch! I need your opinion on something!" Tech suddenly shouts from where he is sitting.
  "Just a sec!" she shouts in reply. Glitch then pulls a syringe from one of her own pockets and hands it to Kix.
  "What is this?" he asks while gingerly taking it. Glitch only smiles and says, "None standard painkiller. Numbs the pain better than what is issued by the Republic."
  With that, she stands and rushes over to Tech who appears to be piddling with something. As she wanders over, Kix and Rex watch her questioning who she actually is.
  "What's up Tech?" Glitch asks as she takes a seat beside him.
  "Nothing, I just needed you to double check the thermal emitter," Tech states as he continues to look down at the device in his hands.
  "Give it here!" she says cheerily as she holds her hands out for the device. As she takes the device into her hands, Tech peers to her watching her as she works with a loving look in his eyes. At this point, the other Batch members were used to this longing between their friends and are practically begging either Tech or Glitch to confess to the other.
  The regs had returned to the circle. Jesse and Kix sitting down by each other digging rations out. They look over to Tech and Glitch who are having a silent conversation about the thermal emitter. Soon they begin to have their own conversation.
  "So...I get what makes the others Batchers unique, but what's so special about Hunter?" Jesse asks as he munches on a ration bar.
  "He can put up with the other four," Kix replies snidely as he holds a cup.
  "He was engineered with heightened senses. A place like the cyber center, Hunter can feel the electromagnetic frequencies from anywhere on the planet," Tech says while he leans into the warmth from the small thermal emitter. Glitch sits at his side staring down at her hands.
  "And here I thought we were smart just using a holomap!" Jesse replies smacking Kix in the arm.
  "Maps can be wrong though. Hunter, however, never is," Glitch quips as she peers over to Hunter who is still tracking.
  "Precisely," Tech returns as he offers Glitch a small smile. Just at that moment, the group heard Cody groaning in pain as he clutched at his chest. Rex appeared to say something before getting up and approaching the group.
  "Listen up! We have to move out," Rex says as he faces everyone. Crosshair who was carrying a conversation on with Wrecker while seated on a tree hops down approaching Rex and says, "Commander Cody is in no position to move."
  "Already called an evac, Kix will stay with Cody until it arrives. I'm in charge now, and I've got a plan to get us into that cyber center," Rex replies as he gestures with his hand.
  "If your plans are so good, why did Commander Cody have to call us in?" Crosshair asks snidely as he takes his toothpick out of his mouth. The other Batchers stand and gather behind Cross listening to the conversation.
  "You can't talk to Captain Rex like that!" Jesse shouts angrily as he approaches Crosshair.
  "Says who!" Wrecker says loudly as he suddenly grabs Jesse by the throat.
  "Put him down!" Rex demands trying to pry his way between the large clone and his suffocating brother.
  Kix and Crosshair suddenly start to shove each other making remarks until Cross puts poor Kix in a headlock.
  "Uh...guys!" Tech tries to say but Glitch grabs his arm to keep him back.
  "Wrecker! Drop him...now!" Hunter says coolly as he gestures to the ground.
Wrecker groans in complaint before begrudgingly dropping Jesse rather harshly.
  "Fellas! Come on! We're all fighting for the same thing! Right?" Everyone stops what they're doing, "All right then, let's cut the chatter and finish what we started. We'll do it your way Captain, for Commander Cody."
  "Ok, let's gear up and move out," Rex says harshly as he starts to walk.