Act 5: The Found

Gif by distorted-reality-perception on tumblr

  Glitch was beginning to fade in and out of the conversation as her arm began to hurt more, that's when she felt the warm ooze.
Blood...

~/⚜️/~

That sticky red liquid that Glitch hadn't noticed was seeping through her armor at this point was causing her world to spin. Her feet began to fall out from beneath her until they couldn't stay stable any longer. She started to fall.
"Glitch!" was the last thing she heard before unconsciousness set in.
Tech had caught her from a rather long tumble as the ridge was elevated and narrow. He began to panic as she lay lifeless on his arms. The others soon noticed that Glitch had fallen.
"What happened?!" Hunter asked quickly and worriedly as he made his way over to her and pulled her helmet off.
"I-I'm not sure. She was fine just a moment ago...however...she was injured and would not let me look at it," Tech replies as he maneuvers Glitch around in his arms.
"We need to find somewhere to camp for a few minutes to get her cared for before we move on," Hunter says as he looks around the area.
"Is she going to be able to move on with the mission?" General Skywalker suddenly asks as he approaches the two clones.
"Possibly, her system is designed to be more productive in healing than others. I need to look at her wound before I can give you an estimate of time for her to heal," Tech replies as he continues to hold Glitch in his arms. Her face was slightly contorted into one of pain. Why did she not let me look at it?
"Ok, let's find a place to camp further up the path closer to Tambor City," Skywalker says as he begins to walk down the ridge. Rex follows suite but stops and looks down to the unconscious woman. The Batch could tell that the captain was worried but said nothing to him about it.
"You got her, Tech?" Hunter asks as he stands Glitch's helmet still in his hands. Wrecker walked closer with his helmet pulled up a worried expression on his face. Crosshair came closer as well surveying the situation with a rigid stature.
"I will manage," Tech replies as he situates Glitch bridal style in his arms before standing and beginning to walk down the ridge. His brothers soon follow worrying about Glitch.

~/⚜️/~

When they had come to a decent place to camp for the night, Tech set to work on Glitch's arm. It was worse than he had hoped when he saw a large, deep gash from her shoulder to her elbow that needed stitches and lots of bacta. After possibly an hour of stitching and stopping her bleeding, Tech finally was done and returned to the group who was gathered around a very small fire.
"How is she?" Hunter asks when Tech sits down with them. Tech takes a deep breath before replying, "Fine. I estimate she will be mostly healed by morning. Glitch will be able to continue on with us, but I worry her loss of blood may affect her ability to help like normal."
"Is there anything you can do to help with that?" Rex speaks up as he looks over to where Glitch is laying.
"No, but I know she will not let that stop her. Her body may catch up with the loss with her enhanced healing, but I am not certain," Tech answers as he looks at his gloved hands still slightly covered in Glitch's blood.
"Well, I hope she doesn't slow us down as this mission takes precedence in the battle for Anaxes," Skywalker says as he takes a ration bar from a tin.
"I assure you, General. Glitch will not slow us down. I know her better than to believe that she will just stay down from in her words, 'a mere scratch,'" Tech says confidently as he looks directly into the Jedi's eyes, a sudden burst of confidence taking over. No one talks like that about Glitch...
"Then I suggest we get a few winks of sleep. Who wants first watch?" Skywalker says as he stands and stretches.
"I will take first watch to keep an eye on Glitch for a while," Tech says as he stares back down to his hands.
"I'll stay up with you, Tech," Crosshair says suddenly as he looks over to Tech with an odd expression. Everyone turned in leaving Tech and Cross to stay up for a while before Hunter took next watch.
"You ever gonna admit that you have feelings for Glitch?" Crosshair asks quietly as he pulls a toothpick out and puts it in his mouth.
"What do you mean by that question?" Tech returns with a slight hint of uncertainty. Crosshair giggles before gesturing with his toothpick to where Glitch lays sleeping peacefully and says, "You like her. Why won't you tell her?"
"I-I do not. She is merely my friend."
"Yeah right. You make eyes at each other all the time. Rather sickening if you ask me."
"We are simply friends. I do not harbor any feelings for her."
"Ok then, as you wish! But if she goes out with another person, don't say I didn't warn you to tell her."
Crosshair stays quiet after that as he looks across the horizon in search of danger. Tech ponders on what Crosshair had been saying about his possible feelings. Is that what that feeling is?
As they sit in silence, the clones soon hear a rustling behind them and then a small voice squeak out, "W-w-where are we?"
"Glitch! You are awake," Tech says with a relieved tone that doesn't go unnoticed by Crosshair.
"How long was I out?" Glitch asks as she pushes herself up to a sitting position.
"Not very long, a few hours," Tech returns as he reaches forward to inspect Glitch's arm.
"Not long?! Tech...I've slowed down the mission!" Glitch snaps quietly as she holds her arm up to inspect Tech's work.
"Not at all, General Skywalker expects you though to be able to get back on your feet by morning," Tech says calmly as he finishes rewrapping her wound.
"That's it?! Really, just cause I can heal fast does not mean I can recover from blood loss fast too!" she snaps again giving Tech a look.
"Hush...I know that, but I-I worried that the general would decide to move on without you. He appears to want this mission over with," he says quietly as he looks down to his hands. Glitch calms down as she sees his saddened face.
"You really are a pain sometimes, Goggles..."
"I could say the same about you, ner gotabar...You need to rest. I believe that we will be moving out early."
"Fine, sir yes sir."