Chapter 3.

Narrator POV (Jude and Sal)

"And one two three four! Five six — plié,now hold!" Sal shouts from the front of the class while examining each and every ballerina's stance, "Kaira, suck in. Aaaaand a one two three four! Five six and a plié and a one two three four five..." Sal trails off and stops the music.

"Kaira." He deadpans.

Kaira straightens up and hesitantly walks to the front, "here."

Sal inches closer, "do you even enjoy my class?"

"Yes, sir," Kaira's head hangs low.

"Then why do you look like the hunchback of Notre Dame! Straighten up and suck in! Those pliés look terrible — back to your placing!"

Kaira shuffles back and forces a uniform smile while getting into the position that the other ballerinas are in.

————

"You really have it out for Kaira dude," Jude says,putting sweats over his tights, "give her a break."

"She has so much potential and she's not using it to the fullest. I'm annoyed," Sal huffs and gestures for Jude to walk out the door, "oh right I met your book buddy yesterday,"his voice echoes.

"Really?" Jude's face brightens up so much that his already pink cheeks gain more color and he just looks like a strawberry cow, "she's pretty right?"

"She's cute,yea, but she was in a bit of a mood. Not sure."

"What do you mean?"

"Did you drive her yesterday as well?"
Jude nods in response. "Did she not seem off to you?"

Jude ponders long and hard before shrugging ever so slightly, "she's too pretty to look, seem or even sound off," he almost sings, walking out the door.

"You're a grown man, bruv, act like one."

"I think you're just mad because you've had blue balls since your ex left y- OOF," Jude feels a blow to his stomach and squats in pain.

"I don't know how this girl has you head over heels, Jay, she seems pretty normal to me."

Jude tries to stand up and recover as quickly as possible, running his fingers through his brown curls and pretending to kick Sal behind his back in a vengeance, "shut up. You just haven't gotten to know her yet."

Jude had been going to the café at the exact same time for six months now, just to meet Rhia again. He never reads books at home anymore, he always waits for 3pm to start his journey to the café in hopes she'll show up. She always does.

"Anyway, I should thank you for the lipstick method idea. Taking her book for her to call me back was so genius!" Jude glows.

"You're an idiot, you didn't even go! You just sent m-" before Sal could finish, Jude puts a finger on his lip.

"Shhhhh. I had constipation. What's the next move?"

Sal rips Jude's hands off and speeds over to his car.

"Sal baby don't leave me!!" He runs after Sal and hops into the car as well, "are you mad at me?" He pouts, reaching for his hand.

"Get the hell off me ,Jude.  You have issues."
Jude goes silent for a while, "I was just joking man-"

"You used to call me baby.." Jude  says as he stifles a laugh.

"What the hell!"

They both erupt into laughter.

After they've calmed down Sal starts.

"If you like her so much, confess bro. What's stopping you?"

"We don't know each other that well," Jude quickly says, sighing out of frustration as his full cheeks go pack to their defined shape. His cheekbone dances due to his clenching as he stares off, obviously in his thoughts.