Chapter 1

Word Count: 1018

Word Count: 1018

---------------

Giyuu Tomioka is a Hashira, the Water Pillar. Despite his strength and rank in the group, he still believes he is not good enough nor strong enough. He's lost two people most important to him. His sister, Tsutako Tomioka to a demon attack, and his best friend and lover, Sabito at the final selection. He had tried to tell the town about the demon attack on his sister, but they called him mental, crazy.

His parents had tried to take him to a insane asylum, but he took off, ran. When he was near death, Urokodaki, his mentor found and saved him. He trained him to be a water hashira, alongside his new friend Sabito. They hit it off together, and soon became best friends and inseparable lovers. At the final selection, Sabito was murdered by a demon. But his body was never found.

Now, Tomioka is a Hashira, the water pillar. The Hashira are a group of the strongest demon slayers. Though, Tomioka still holds his guilt. He secludes himself from others, and believes he is not worthy of his position despite his amazing strengths. These amazing pillars consist of nine.

Muichirō Tokito, the mist Hashira. He is the youngest, and fourteen years old. Shinobu Kocho, the insect Hashira. This girl lacks brute strength, but her cunning mind makes up for it. Tengen Uzui, the sound hashira. He is the flashy and bold type of person, and is a bit of a playboy. Obanai Iguro is the serpent hashira. He does not tolerate weakness and has a harsh personality. Mitsuri Kanroji is the love hashira. This breathing style is her own, and she carries incredible power and strength.

Sanemi Shinazugawa is the wind hashira. He is very hot-headed and impulsive. Kyojiro Rengoku is the fire hashira, or flame hashira. He's always optimistic and full of pep. Gyomei Hajime is the stone hashira. He may be blind, but his strength and leadership never fails. Lastly, Giyuu Tomioka, the water Hashira. He is one of the strongest and most skilled.

Though these may be his comrades, Sanemi and Obanai hate him for their own reasons. Obanai claims to hate him for his 'rat face'. While Sanemi hates Tomioka for his unbothered personality and his constant silence. In which he takes this as a silent gesture of arrogance.

While most of the hashira tend to ignore Tomioka, Shinobu does not. Sometimes she takes free time to talk to Tomioka, which he enjoys. Though, he doesn't know how to show it. More people he is fond of, are Tanjiro Kamado, Nezuko Kamado, Zenitsu Agatsuma, and Inosuke Hashibira. Though the one that makes him smile the most, is Tanjiro.

It was four to five years ago Tomioka had become a Water Pillar, short after the entrance exam when he was thirteen. Four to five years his emotions had gone practically dead. Now, he sits in his estate in his free time, alone. Though, currently, he is on his way to the corps headquarters. Their master, Kagaya Ubuyuashiki, had called them for an emergency meet.

"Ara ara, Tomioka-san!" Shinobu called, jumping down from a nearby tree branch to walk next to him. "Hello, Kocho." Tomioka plainly answered. "How are you today?" She asked with a bright smile. "Fine." Tomioka replied plainly once again. His answers were always plain and short, mainly because he didn't like to talk to others. He would get too attached. "Ah, that's good to hear. What do you think we're being called for?" She asked him, trying to start conversation.

Though he didn't answer, causing her expression to tighten into annoyance. However, her smile still remained, as she tended to hide her anger with a happy smile. "Tomioka-san. It's not nice to ignore people." She commented, poking his shoulder. He only walked ahead, ignoring her once more. "Tomioka-san!" She called, running after him.

The two eventually got to the headquarters, to see everyone already there. They were lined up and everything, waiting for the two to arrive. "About time you two idiots got here. Line up so we can start this shit." Sanemi yelled. Tomioka silently obliged, walking to his spot. "Don't need to be so mean, Shinazugawa-san." Shinobu said, causing the scar-faced male to roll his eyes. "Shut the crap already. I don't care." He snaped.

"Now, now children. Calm down." Kagaya said, walking out of the building to the big front porch. Kagaya is their master, who has become blind in both eyes. His curse mark is the source, slowly growing, making the upper half of his face and his right arm look as if it were rotting.

Once he walked out, the Hashira stopped their bickering and bowed down to him. "Good morning, master!" Mitsuri beamed with a bright smile. "Good morning, my child."

"You all must be wondering why you were brought here." Kagaya stated. "We will be having a new pillar."

"A new pillar? But there are already nine." Shinobu said. "I know, child. But he has amazing strengths and abilities." Some of the hashira exchanged glances. "What type of breathing style do they have?" Obanai asked, sitting up in his spot on a tree. "Water." The hashira's faces all twisted into confusion. "Are you replacing Tomioka-san?" Mitsuri asked, a hint of worry in her voice. "Oh, no, my child. I am not, think of the new hashira as a helper to him."

"He will be staying with him in the water estate, however." Kagaya added. Tomioka only nodded. Though inside he was upset. He didn't want another person in there, someone to ruin his quiet place. Someone he did not know to dirty his spotless area. "Maybe they'll finally get you to talk." Shinazugawa added, with a slightly snarky tone.

"That wasn't nice! Tomioka-san is just quiet, that's all!" Mitsuri cried. "Be calm, children. This meeting is almost over, have patience." Kagaya interrupted, calming down their bickering. "My dear child, you may come out now." He called, as a boy walked out of the building behind him. "Aaah! He's so kawaii!!" Mitsuri squealed.

---------------

Word Count: 1018

Date Published: December 31 ,2023