Chapter 2

「涙が止まらなくなるから思い出したくなかった。思い出したら悲しくて何もできなくなる」 - 冨岡義勇

"I didn't want to recall it because I wouldn't be able to stop crying. If I recall it, I would be too sad to do anything." - Giyuu Tomioka

Word Count: 1019
---------------------

Recap...

"He will be staying with him in the water estate, however." Kagaya added. Tomioka only nodded. Though inside he was upset. He didn't want another person in there, someone to ruin his quiet place. Someone he did not know to dirty his spotless area. "Maybe they'll finally get you to talk." Shinazugawa added, with a slightly snarky tone.

"That wasn't nice! Tomioka-san is just quiet, that's all!" Mitsuri cried. "Be calm, children. This meeting is almost over, have patience." Kagaya interrupted, calming down their bickering. "My dear child, you may come out now." He called, as a boy walked out of the building behind him. "Aaah! He's so kawaii!!" Mitsuri squealed.

...End of Recap.

"Children, meet Sabito. He is the new, second, water pillar." Kagaya said, as a pink haired boy walked next to him. He wore a white haori, and a deep black and white hashira uniform. His eyes a light purple. Giyuu didn't know how to react, it had to be fake. Maybe a dream, a nightmare taunting and playing with him.

"Ahh, Giyuu. So that's where my haori had gone, hah?" Sabito said, looking at Giyuu's half and half kimono. Most specifically the right side, containing his green and yellow pattern. "Ara ara, Tomioka-san. You know this man?" Shinobu asked. He didn't answer, he was too busy in his own thoughts, trying to figure out if this was reality or some sort of sick illusion.

"Tomioka-san?" Shinobu asked again. "Giyuu, you know it's not polite to ignore a lady. Snap out of your daze, what's wrong?" Sabito said, walking over and waving his hand Infront of the ravenet's face. Giyuu simply reached out his hand, slowly, and touched Sabito's shoulder. He was real, alive.

Tears flowed faster than his words, and he was a crying mess. The other hashira didn't know what to make of it, they were confused. They were surprised, stunned. Giyuu wasn't one to have such strong emotions, and why he was crying, they had no idea. Sabito was even a little confused himself. "Giy-" He was cut off by a sudden, and tight, hug from the boy.

"H- how are you here? I- I thought you were dead?" Tomioka stuttered thorough his sobs. After almost five years, Sabito just pops up out of nowhere? He couldn't be a demon, it's broad daylight. This was real, it felt real, it looked real. It was seemingly impossible, but it was real. After all of the guilt and sadness, he pops up out of nowhere, like nothing happened.

"Dead? Why would I be dead?" Sabito asked, confused. "At the final selection.." Tomioka started, wiping away his tears. "You were gone.. And your kimono was left behind.. Your mask, and your sword was broken.." He listed.

"No, no I was fine. I'm sorry for not coming back, but I had to run so I wouldn't die. When I tried to find you, you were gone.." Sabito said, wiping away the last few stray tears on Tomioka's face. "You two losers know each other?" Sanemi asked, glancing at them. "We're not losers, idiot. And yes, we do." Sanemi was about to retort Sabito's answer, when Kagaya spoke up, "Wonderful, you two should get along great. I guess I won't need to worry then, will I?"

"No, sir! We'll be just fine." Sabito assured. Kagaya smiled, "Well then meeting adjourned." The hashira nodded, as Kagaya got up and left. "Konnichiwa! I'm Kanroji Mitsuri, it's nice to meet you!" Mitsuri chirped, running over to the two. "Ohayō gozaimasu. I'm Kocho Shinobu." Shinobu smiled. "Hello, It's nice to meet you both. I'm Sabito." Sabito smiled.

"I see you and Tomioka-San are close. How long have you two known each other?" Shinobu asked with her same bright smile. "We've known each other for almost five years." Sabito answered. "You two must be so close! How come you never shared him with us, Tomioka?" Mitsuri asked. "It never came up." He answered quietly.

"Never came up? I would have expected you to brag about me at least once! Huh? Huuuh?" Sabito asked, elbowing Tomioka lightly. "Not once? Not even once? Come on, I'm cool enough to brag about!"

"You sound so self-centered." Obanai sighed, rolling his eyes. "Self-centered? Nah, I'm just confident!"

"Sssure..." Obanai sighed once more. "Ah, you're eyes are very flashy! I'm Tengen Uzui, the god of flashiness and festivals! Hahaha!" Tengen proclaimed, laughing boldly. "God of.. Hah?" Sabito asked, confused. "You're the god of annoying idiot's, is what you are. I'm out of here." Sanemi yelled, walking off to his estate. "Haha, I'm Kyojiro Rengoku, the flame hashira! It's nice to meet you, new buddy!" Rengoku exclaimed with a bright smile.

The rest of the hashira introduced themselves, and they chatted back and forth for a bit, before it was time for them all to head back to their estates. They waved and parted ways, walking off into the forests on their way home.

"So.. How have you been? You're different then when we were last together.. You seem.. More reserved." Sabito pointed out as they walked. Tomioka wasn't going to answer, but he remembered who this was. It was Sabito, his best friend. His Boyfriend. Actually, were they still dating? It's been so long since they've last seen each other.

"I've been okay.. Sabito, are we still dating?" Tomioka blurted, still walking nonchalant. Though, he did feel a bit nervous. "Why would you even feel the need to ask that? Of course we are. Why would I break up with you, silly?" Sabito chuckled. There were plenty of reasons why. He was weak, hopeless. But he would never say that aloud. It would only dray unwanted attention to himself.

---------------------
Word Count: 1019

Date Published: December  31 , 2023

Konnichiwa: "Hello." used to greet most people in most settings.

Ohayō gozaimasu: "Good morning" Used to greet people in the morning time.