shapeshifter//atsushi can shapeshift?//

*request*

-fluff and bit of angst?

-au-atsushi can shapeshift.

Warning: mention of abuse, mention of suicide(dazai).

Short(769)
Not canon reaction
*
*
*
*
*
*
Third person pov

Atsushi ability allows him to turn into a tiger but atsushi is not really sure on how or why but atsushi is able to shapeshift. It's not uncommon some people might have to abilities but it's very rare and atsushi isn't really sure to be honest. Atsushi mostly shapeshift into different animals and he also can shapeshift into different people but he doesn't use that often. Atsushi use that to escape the headmaster. Atsushi use that a lot in the orphanage so it was kind of easy in a way. Atsushi was hated in the orphanage and every day he was beaten so he basically escaped the beatings, which was good and the headmaster didn't care.

Atsushi finally escaped the orphanage at the age of 18 and he knew the Headmaster wouldn't come looking for him again so he was safe and free. Atsushi wasn't sure on what to do now but suddenly he found someone drowning so atsushi save the person. "Did you save me?" Dazai ask and atsushi just nodded, atsushi was very confused but soon he realized that person wanted to die and he disturbed them. Atsushi didn't really understand but soon dazai decided to take atsushi to the agency so that how atsushi join the agency.

Atsushi didn't tell the agency about him being a shapeshifter so they knew nothing about that. Atsushi didn't use it much but he did use it sometimes. Dazai did seem a bit suspicious and he almost noticed something's about atsushi so one day he decided to confront atsushi about it. "Atsushi~!" Dazai said he walked over to atsushi desk and atsushi just looked up at dazai. "I have a question." Dazai said with a smirk and atsushi just wait for the question. "Can you shapeshift?" Dazai suddenly whisper into atsushi ear and atsushi just didn't say anything for a while.

"Maybe.." Atsushi finally said as he looks away and dazai look happy to hear that. "So you can shapeshift into me?" Dazai ask and atsushi just looked confused. "I mean..I probably could..but I'm not sure..I only really shapeshift into animals.." Atsushi explain as he looks down and no one else was paying attention to their conversation so only dazai knew for now. Dazai was smiling and atsushi knew dazai has some weird idea now.

Atsushi was shapeshift into a cat and dazai was glaring at cat atsushi as everyone pet him. "I hate cat.." Dazai said as he looks away and cat atsushi just meowed, which made everyone pet him more. Atsushi was laughing his ass off but no one could tell. "I hate you atsushi.." Dazai whisper as cat atsushi jump onto the ground and transformers back into a human. "I should bring my cat army towards your house so you're surrounded by cats." Atsushi said with a smirk and dazai just looked horrified and everyone else was shocked.

"What.??" Kunikida said, everyone was so confused. "I can shapeshift. I supposed, I got confident enough to tell you all." Atsushi explain with a smile as he shapeshift back into a cat and he started to climb onto dazai and dazai just looked horrified. Dazai hate cat and dogs so even if it was atsushi, atsushi was trying to annoy dazai and it worked. "Wow..is it like a another ability or not?" Naomi ask and atsushi didn't answer. "It probably a second ability..or at least I think." Ranpo said with a smirk and dazai was just holding onto kunikida for dear life as cat atsushi meows.

Fukuzawa was holding out his hand and suddenly cat atsushi jumped into his arm and fukuzawa just smiled. "I wouldn't mind atsushi being in cat form.." Fukuzawa whispered as he pet cat atsushi and the other just smiled. "So atsushi can shapeshift into anything?" Kenji ask and cat atsushi jump onto the floor and atsushi was back to normal. "Yup." Atsushi said as he shapeshift into a snake and kenji thought that was cool. After a while the agency was fine with it and they found it cool because they never met a shapeshifter before so it was kind of cool.

The agency also kept it a secret because atsushi didn't wanted the port mafia knowing about this. Atsushi also scared the agency a lot with his shapeshifting and dazai may have a few new cat around his apartment because of atsushi.

(😭 I didn't know how to make it long sorry!!)