Chapter 4 - Every You Every Me

Sucker love is heaven sent

You pucker up, our passion's spent

My heart's a tart, your body's rent

My body's broken, yours is bent

Carve your name into my arm

Instead of stressed, I lie here charmed

'Cause there's nothing else to do

Every me and every you

(Song: Every You Every Me - Placebo)

She had known this was a bad idea, utter madness, craziness par excellence.
Every fibre in her being screamed to turn on her heel and leave as quickly as possible; maybe then he wouldn't notice her standing there, he wouldn't notice how just saying his name caused her cheeks to turn red, and he wouldn't notice how she somehow knew his whole name and knew where he was that night, as if she was some insane stalker.
But maybe that was what she had turned into at this point, a mad woman who stalked a musician she had met over two months ago. She had to admit, that it might be a little strange how she had started her research a few days after they had met, however, she couldn't help it, not when his voice had echoed in her head every waking hour and had kept her awake at night.

There was something about him, that had drawn her in and she had somehow felt a deep connection to this boy on the stage, who had opened his soul to her while singing. It was like she had known him, understood him, bonded with a complete stranger, who had just in the span of a few minutes left a more lasting imprint than most of the people she met on a daily basis.
Truth be told, she had been taken off guard by everything that had followed her first time seeing Finn on stage, and the boy who had talked to her at the bar had been highly irritating to say the least. But the more she had thought about the events of that night and him specifically, the more she knew that the boy singing to her with this raspy and simultaneously melodic voice had been his true self. On stage he had dropped his cool demeanour and had lowered his protective shield, that he held up in front of him in form of a witty mind and a disarming grin, and all that had been left was what had been hidden behind all that; a boy full of raw passion, poetic senses, and indescribable pain.
He had screamed those things to the world, not only with the words he had sung, but more so with his eyes, that had bored into her and had begged her to listen, to understand, to accept it - to accept him - and that was what she had done.

Probably with this revelation she should have stopped and move on with her life, but she couldn't do the same. Maybe it was because she knew that such a connection wasn't something you should ignore, maybe she wanted to learn more about that person who was an open book and a mystery at the same time, or maybe, if she was completely honest with herself, she couldn't stop thinking about that smug grin, that somehow had captured her attention and had held her in a strong grip, causing her heart to quicken and her blood to rush into her cheeks.
Whatever it was he had occupied her mind and after days of thinking about him, she had given in to the temptation of finding out more about him, and that's when her obsession had truly started.
Cause this was what it had turned into - an obsession. Not that she would ever acknowledge it, but deep down in her heart she knew, that this was how she had to call her behaviour over the past few weeks.