Introduction

—

Jackie Dunne knew who she wanted to be from a very early age. When she was seven her friends would go and play dress up while she would sneak in her older brothers room to play his guitar, even though she hadn't known a thing she was doing, or when she was 16 and her friends gushed about boys she would be imagining herself on stage singing to a sold-out crowd chanting her name.

When she was 13 she learned how to officially play the guitar from her brothers, Billy and Graham, and once she learned she had saved up to buy her own, refusing to let her mother or brother buy her one, saying, 'I can't have my first guitar be a gift, that's to lame for the movie that'll be about me when I'm older.' So, instead she mowed her neighbours lawns and walked the neighbourhood dogs, she did that for three months straight until she saved up enough to buy her own, she still has that guitar to this day.

When she had turned 14 she started writing her own songs, she'd be in the middle of a test at school and come up with a line, and immediately would write it down, confusing the teacher as to what in the world she had wrote on her test.

Also while she was 14, her older brother Billy, and her twin brother, Graham, had started a band, The Dunne Brothers. They had asked if she wanted to join them, but she kindly rejected the offer, saying that she was a solo artist, but that didn't mean she didn't go to every one of their practices and shows, or helped Billy write songs or helped Eddie or her brother with a riff. But when they asked if she would go with them to California she couldn't resist, especially since Eddie Roundtree was going with them.

INTRODUCTION CHAPTER DONEE