001

—THE RISE OF DAISY JONES AND THE SIX—INTERVIEWER: How would you say your earlier years were like before fame?—JACKIE DUNNE: [Laughs] Well, most of it was spent getting scolded by my mother and playing music with my brothers and their friends

THE RISE OF DAISY JONES AND THE SIX

INTERVIEWER: How would you say your earlier years were like before fame?

JACKIE DUNNE: [Laughs] Well, most of it was spent getting scolded by my mother and playing music with my brothers and their friends.

Jackie had been begged by her brother to come and watch his first practice with his band, so here she was, standing by Billy resisting the urge to cover her ears.

"Ok, ok, just stop." She finally said causing Eddie to stop singing and playing the guitar with the rest following, "What do you think?" Graham asked his sister with a hopeful smile, "What do I think? I think you guys suck! I mean the only person who should have an instrument here is Chuck, and he's not even good at bass!"

"Ok, let's not be rude about it, Jack." Billy scolded his little sister before looking back at the group, "It's an E major, chief." Billy informed Eddie as he looked down fixing his hand position and playing the cord, "And you...Thunderstucks." Billy said pointing at Warren who was sitting with his drums, "Yes?" Warren asked him as he fiddled with his drum sticks, "Where'd you get those tree trunks?"

"They're my grandfather's."

"Easy on those fills, yeah? This isn't jazz."

"Again, from the top." Billy said walking back beside Jackie who had her hands crossed ready to go back to her room and listen to music, "Now, hey, Billy. Why don't you uh...sh-show us how it's done?"

GRAHAM DUNNE: I mean, I know my brother. [chuckles]

JACKIE DUNNE: They needed Billy, if anything.

EDDIE ROUNDTREE: By the second practice, he was practically in the band. And by the third? [signs] It was his. Fucking guy.

GRAHAM DUNNE: The band was...you know, it was just a distraction. An escape, y'know? I mean none of us ever thought of it as anything more than that, not even Billy.

GRAHAM DUNNE: And then one night, everything changed.

Jackie had noticed her brother, Billy, looking at a man dancing with a girl way younger than him, not even half his age, she had been dragged to one of their shows for a wedding, and it was getting towards the end of the show when she had noticed.

She was about to go and congratulate them as their show came to an end but before she could Billy ran off stage shoving his guitar into Grahams chest, and obviously she followed him, Graham right behind her.

"Billy, wait up!" Jackie shouted after him as she pushed open the door following behind him, "Hey, Billy." Graham said coming out the door as Billy turned around towards us, "He's supposed to be in Georgia, Graham." Billy shouted at Graham as the rest of the boys came busting out the door, "Who are we talking about?" Jackie asked confused not knowing what the hell her brothers were on about.