23

| Christmas Day | 

It was officially Christmas day. Not only was it snowing in Atlanta but it was sticking to the ground. Between the white skies and the fireplace burning in the master bedroom, it was all but aesthetically pleasing. 

It was roughly 9 AM in the Taylor household. 

Fatima woke up from jumping on the bed, Junior was in his Monster Inc pajamas with his iPad in his hand ready to open presents. It was scary how mature and advanced Junior was at 4 years old. Credit is due to all the adult figures in his life, minus Hazel, who instilled education in him at an early age. 

Fatima rubbed her eyes as she looked at a boy on steroids jumping up and down screaming it was Christmas as if she didn't know that herself. Looking off to the right, she noticed Zac not too far behind her, which was strange because she swore she told him separate rooms. 

"Mommy!" 

"Okay dude relax. I just woke up." She yawned. 

"But we have to hurry!" 

"Them gifts are not going no where. I promise you that much. Go put your slippers on and come back." She watched Junior mug her then jump off the bed and run off to his room. 

She slapped Zac's arm waking him up. "Why are you in here and why are you so close to me?" 

Zac smacked his lips. "You really thought I was gonna wake up alone on Christmas? That's dead." She just staled face him. 

"And to be fair." He sat up as his back rested against the headboard. "I put a barrier between us not my fault that our love pushed the barrier on the floor." He smirked as he saw all the extra pillows on the floor. 

"MHmm." 

"Okay but in all honesty I tried the guest room thing and it didn't work. You can be mad at me all you want but I am still gonna be up underneath you and my son." He stretched and yawned at the same time. 

She got up and got herself together before grabbing her robe that laid on the stool by the bedside. Zac followed up grabbing his matching robe as well. When Fatima went shopping the other day, she got them custom robes and Monster Inc pajamas since she knew Junior wouldn't take his off. 

Zac threw a fit because he doesn't like pajamas or robes but Fatima gracefully put him in his place🤐. 

"For somebody who so ready for presents he sure is going slow." She thought to herself. She was waiting at his bedroom door as he scavenged around his room looking for his slippers. Fatima watched him for 5 minutes before she gave up. "They on the dresser." She pointed towards it, she watched him look at the same dresser 4 different times and each time he somehow missed the slippers. 

"Hi Daddy." He waved as he sat down and put his slippers on. Zac walked up behind Fatima before giving her a hug, she was reluctant to give one back but ultimately did. 

Making their way downstairs, she fixed herself some coffee while Zac and Junior play fought all the way down the stairs. She felt like she was raising two kids rather than one, knowing Zac know he too damn old to be playing on the steps. One wrong move and they all go tumbling down and now they at the hospital on Christmas. 

"Wait for Tima." She heard Zac say as they made their way to the living room. She put everything back before she made her way over to the couch sitting next to Zac since that had the best view of the tree and Junior. 

"I'm ready." Fatima said getting comfortable. "Start with your stocking first." She pointed at, Junior mugged her before going over there. He had some color pencils, crayons, and small toy cars.