Prologue

I open my eyes to look into the sky, and let out the softest sigh. I've always thought the night sky to be gorgeous. I craved to be the sky, to be the stars and moon. So gorgeous, easy to lay your eyes upon. But most importantly, not alone. Everyone always thinks nighttime is so lonely, but they don't get it. The stars are together, with the moon. They're not alone. Surrounded by beauty and peace. Whereas I'm surrounded by chaos, and loneliness.

I sit up and dangle my legs off the roof, letting out a small hum. My hero costume clinging close to my tan skin, I glance down at the open parts of it. My quirk, if you could even call it that, was complicated. I held a few different quirks. To put it easy, my quirks consisted of blood manipulation, water manipulation, blue fire, and ice. Why do I have so many, you ask? I was a big experiment. Pulsing and pushing quirks all in my body, to see how many I could handle before my veins bursted and I drew my final breath. Luckily the hero's busted the experiment before it went too far. Being born into it, no one knew of my existence. I was kept a secret to the government. Luckily I was taken under Torino's wing, the quick hero was such a sweet and caring guardian. He's why I am where I am today. I couldn't thank him enough.

"Hey, Glacier, you ready for Patrol?" A dark haired man asked me in his soothing and disinterested voice.

"Yeah, Eraser Head. I'm ready," I said, standing up and turning towards him.

We hopped from roof top to roof top, staying out of everyone's sight, watching for trouble from afar.

"I still think you should meet my students, they could help you get out of your shell, you know? Shouldn't you be in studies, anyways?" He asked me.

I shook my head and laughed softly. "That's one way to ask me my age, Eraser. I'm 17, I do my stuff online, easier to avoid people that way. After I got my provisionals, it was easier to just.. keep away from everyone." I replied.

"Well, there's a spot open in the class I teach. I would love to be able to help you get the full extent out of your quirk. And there's only one student that's an ass, but he'd open up eventually." He told me, looking off into the distance. "Plus like I said, you really need to be more social. Outside of just me. We can still patrol together, no one has to know what you do outside of classes. I just.. you remind me of me, and as much as I hate to admit it, I needed the same push that I'm giving you now. So, take it into consideration atleast. I won't push anymore."

I nodded at him, and gave him a small smile. He's a lot like an uncle to me, a very forgetful uncle. Or maybe it's just that he's so tired he doesn't remember much? I'm not sure which one it is, either way, it's pretty funny how forgetful he can be.

"I'll think about it.. it does get quite lonely with an old bastard like yourself," I laughed out. I heard a grunt and felt a glare on the side of my face, knowing I got a reaction out of him.

"I'm not that old, Yuki." Is all he replied with, leaving us in a comfortable silence.

Soon patrol ended, it was very uneventful fortunately.

"Have a good night, Shota. Get some rest," I said to him, as I parted ways with him.

"You as well, Yuki. Really think about my proposal. We have dorms on campus as well, so you'd have your own privacy."

I nodded towards his direction and bidded him farewell, entering into Torino's house, going up to the place I called my room, plopped onto the bed after changing, and just stared up at the ceiling. Maybe I should take him up on his offer? It wouldn't hurt.. right?

I glanced at my phone, taking it into my hand and staring at Shota's contact.

Should I..?

Fuck it.

To: Dry-Eye

I'll do it. Just let me know when I start.
Delivered